2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2019 11:26 PM by Glen Conway

java.lang.NullPointerException when exporting result set to file (SQL Developer 19.1)

7c5ec225-7fb1-4ad7-bb25-5b1e605dc394

When attempting to export a result set of a query I am receiving the following errors:

Utilities - Log:

** Export Start ** at 2019.06.10-14.38.52

Export Single File to C:\Users\z09999.ZBC\export.xlsx

**Exception** : Check Logging Page

**Exception** : java.lang.NullPointerException java.io.File.<init>(File.java:277)

Task failed

** Export End ** at 2019.06.10-14.38.55

Stack trace:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:277)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.export.ExportGenerationOutputStream.closeCurrentStream(ExportGenerationOutputStream.java:537)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.export.ExportGenerationOutputStream.finished(ExportGenerationOutputStream.java:464)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.export.ExportAPI$1.doWork(ExportAPI.java:1446)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.export.ExportAPI$1.doWork(ExportAPI.java:1409)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTask.call(RaptorTask.java:199)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTaskManager$RaptorFutureTask.run(RaptorTaskManager.java:702)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Logging Page:

Nothing

I have tried saving to different locations and different drives with no success. I have also attempted changing the file name, and same problem. I have tried SQL Developer 18.4.0.376.1900 and 19.1.0.094.2042.

I am only experiencing this with one query at the moment. I suspect it has to do with the where clause, which has 2500+ OR clauses for a certain condition (using IN has a limit of 1,000 items in the list), as commenting out that block allows me to export (which has more rows than the problematic query, so I don't think it's a row count issue).

This is a blocker in me completing a work-related task, so any help would be appreciated.