1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 10, 2019 11:42 PM by 453163

Error using Cytoscape 3.7 with pgx on Oracle db 18c

Hi experts,

I'm trying to follow the Arthur Dayton's post (http://www.vlamis.com/blog/2018/2/5/creating-a-property-graph-on-oracle-database) to use Cytoscape with Property Graph on Oracle Database

There are some difference on the Virtual Machine, that is provisioned with a Oracle Database 18c instead 12c version.

It's seems everyting ok, but I get an error when I try to read the graph from the database.

Some information about my environment:

1. The virtual machine downloaded is: Oracle is Developer DB VM (https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/databaseappdev-vm-161299.html )

2. Database Oracle Databse 18.3 EE

3. I've correctly created the examples graph tables using the java code in the blog as show in the following image:

graph_tables.JPG

4. The pgx server seem correctly started (under $ORACLE_HOME/md/property_graph/pgx/bin -> no patch installed)

pgx_server_started.png

5. I've correctly installed the Get the Cytoscape App for Oracle Database downloaded from Oracle https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/options/spatialandgraph/downloads/index-156999.html )
      (I've downloaded the version in the green box)

spatial_app_for_cyoscape.png

6. When I try to see the Graphs List from database, I can find my example graph, so it seems is everything ok:

read_graphs_from_db.png

7. But when I click on the Execute button, I get this error messages:

17:23:39.849 ERROR [SwingWorker-pool-20-thread-1] ERROR creating the PgxGraph: getPgxgraph()

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.io.IOException: Could not parse body of response (HTTP/1.1 404 ) due to wrong content type text/html, expected application/json. Make sure your base_url is correct and the server is available.

at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.reportGet(CompletableFuture.java:357)

at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.get(CompletableFuture.java:1895)

at oracle.pgx.api.PgxFuture.get(PgxFuture.java:99)

at oracle.pgx.api.ServerInstance.isEngineRunning(ServerInstance.java:571)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.util.PGXUtilities.getPgxServerInstance(PGXUtilities.java:1057)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.util.PGXUtilities.getPgxGraph(PGXUtilities.java:2470)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.util.PGXUtilities.executePGQLQuery_Pgx2_6(PGXUtilities.java:2273)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.util.PGXUtilities.executePGQLQuery(PGXUtilities.java:2244)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.gui.PanelPGQL.executeQuery(PanelPGQL.java:794)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.gui.PanelPGQL.access$1300(PanelPGQL.java:107)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.gui.PanelPGQL$ExecuteQuery.doInBackground(PanelPGQL.java:1122)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.gui.PanelPGQL$ExecuteQuery.doInBackground(PanelPGQL.java:1104)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Could not parse body of response (HTTP/1.1 404 ) due to wrong content type text/html, expected application/json. Make sure your base_url is correct and the server is available.

at oracle.pgx.client.RemoteUtils.parseExceptionalResponse(RemoteUtils.java:114)

at oracle.pgx.client.RemoteUtils.getResponseContent(RemoteUtils.java:83)

at oracle.pgx.client.RemoteUtils.parse(RemoteUtils.java:141)

at oracle.pgx.api.ClientApiProvider.lambda$versionCheck$2(ClientApiProvider.java:157)

at oracle.pgx.client.RemoteUtils.lambda$asyncRequest$4(RemoteUtils.java:264)

... 3 more

17:23:42.895 ERROR [SwingWorker-pool-20-thread-1] Error executing the query select n,e,t WHERE (n)-[e]->(t) LIMIT 10

java.lang.NullPointerException

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.util.PGXUtilities.executePGQLQuery_Pgx2_6(PGXUtilities.java:2283)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.util.PGXUtilities.executePGQLQuery(PGXUtilities.java:2244)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.gui.PanelPGQL.executeQuery(PanelPGQL.java:794)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.gui.PanelPGQL.access$1300(PanelPGQL.java:107)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.gui.PanelPGQL$ExecuteQuery.doInBackground(PanelPGQL.java:1122)

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.gui.PanelPGQL$ExecuteQuery.doInBackground(PanelPGQL.java:1104)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

17:23:44.695 ERROR [SwingWorker-pool-20-thread-1] Error executing the query select n,e,t WHERE (n)-[e]->(t) LIMIT 10

java.lang.NullPointerException

at oracle.spatial.propertyGraph.client.visualization.cytoscape.util.PGXUtilities.executePGQLQuery_Pgx2_6(PGXUtilities.java:2444)

Any Idea for the problem?

It's something wrong during the configuration/installation?

Any help will be appreciated.
      Thanks a lot

Alessandro