12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2019 9:17 AM by Christian Berg

OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1

Dear Experts,

I am plan to install all the below software's in the below format bcz of my current OS expiry could you please provide your suggestions.

on MS windows server 2012 r2 OS

Server1--->BI APPS 7964 & OBIEE 11.1.1.9.0 & Informatica Power Center 10.1.0 or 10.2 hf1 & DAC 11g

Server2---> MS SQL Server 2012

Server3--->OBIEE 12.2.1.4.0

OBIA7964 with Informatica 10.2 HF1 will supports with SQL Server Database?

Thanks in Adavance!!!

• 1. Re: OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1
          Gianni Ceresa

Hi,

All your answers can be found in the relative certification matrix: https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/fusion-certification-100350.html

PS: you maybe want to have a look at Mark Responses as Correct and Helpful as you never closed a single thread so far ...

• 2. Re: OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1
            PhHein

MOD: moved from OBIEE

• 3. Re: OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1

Thank Gianni for your reply,

Is it ok below everything installed in to one server

Server1--->BI APPS 7964 & OBIEE 11.1.1.9.0 & Informatica Power Center 10.1.0 or 10.2 hf1 & DAC 11g

will it works fine without any issues?

Thanks,

• 4. Re: OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1
                Gianni Ceresa

I have a feeling of "déjà vu"

As you plan to use OBIEE 12c as front-end, your OBIEE 11g is required but will not be much used, therefore not a problem to have it on the same server as DAC & Informatica as OBIEE 11g there will be like "transparent", not adding any relevant load on the system.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1

Thank you Gianni..you are correct...but part of OBIA (dual headed installation) we should install OBIEE 11.1.1.9.x and OBIEE 12C also. So I wants to reduce the no of servers installing  OBIEE 11g, DAC & Informatica in to a single machine.

Let me know your suggestions

• 6. Re: OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1
                    Gianni Ceresa

I already wrote them above

Let's reformulate in a different way:

server1 = OBIEE 11g + DAC + Informatica ?

• 7. Re: OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1

Dear Gianni Ceresa thanks for your suggestion.

1) server1 = OBIEE 11g + DAC + Informatica  + OBIA 7964

2) Here I dont get it one thing. How it is related OBIEE 11g with OBIEE 12c, we are installing different servers these BI software's. OBIA is on 11 g server, how obiee 12c( server2) Prebuild RPD and Reports and Dashboards can communicate with OBIA 7964(server1)

3) If we escape obiee 11g and obia 7964 instalaltion part will it works fine ( only install Informatica & DAC(server1), OBIEE 12C(server2), DB(server3)

Thanks for your patience to answer

• 8. Re: OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1
                        Christian Berg

OBIA comes with OBIEE 11g which is outdated and the reason why most customers run OBIEE12c on the side in order to have a modern system.

"OBIEE" per se doesn't come with any prebuilt dashboards and analyses - not "reports"; "reports" is BI Publisher, a different technology. OBIA comes with prebuilt content which you would then migrate over to OBIEE 12c. Because OBIEE does not care one bit of what's uinderneath.

• 9. Re: OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1
                          Gianni Ceresa

3808468 wrote:

OBIA is on 11 g server, how obiee 12c( server2) Prebuild RPD and Reports and Dashboards can communicate with OBIA 7964(server1)

It doesn't, because of what Christian said.

You need to forget OBIA 7964 as a product, because it isn't a product. OBIA 7964 is not a tool.

OBIA 7964 is "simply" a bundle package: it has a set of tools with pieces connected and pre-built content.

As Christian said, you need to do a classical OBIEE migration from OBIEE 11g (coming by default with OBIA) to your own OBIEE 12c. This is not an OBIA task, it's purely an OBIEE job.

OBIEE isn't connected to anything, all it needs is a RPD + a catalog. These are the 2 pieces you migrate (and security on top).

How does OBIEE 12c connect to " OBIA " ? A database connection, the one defined in the RPD telling OBIEE where is the database storing data.

I don't know if you job is just to do a plan and somebody else will do the install and config, but it's maybe worth to read documentation on what OBIEE is and how it works, look at some tutorials, check the migration documentation and then the same for OBIA so that you can clearly understand what tool does what and how and what are the dependencies.

The forum can give you high level ideas, but will never teach you the details.

• 10. Re: OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1
                            Christian Berg

Gianni Ceresa wrote:

I don't know if you job is just to do a plan and somebody else will do the install and config, but it's maybe worth to read documentation on what OBIEE is and how it works, look at some tutorials, check the migration documentation and then the same for OBIA so that you can clearly understand what tool does what and how and what are the dependencies.

The forum can give you high level ideas, but will never teach you the details.

I couldn't agree more.

• 11. Re: OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1

Thank you Gianni Ceresa sucha a nice explanation...I am a developer moved to OBIEE Admin part....

• 12. Re: OBIA 7964 with info 10.2 hf1
                                Christian Berg

Is your question still open? Because it seems that no answer was the correct one so far for you.

Closing your threads as per Mark Responses as Correct and Helpful is an important part of your participation in these forums to help other users.