1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 18, 2019 7:15 PM by J Reinhart

Oracle Financials - Collections module - Separation of dollar amount and currency

Hello, does anyone from Oracle know please if there is already a bug or enhancement ticket open for the dollar amount and currency to be separated so they are each in their own column.  It does not allow you to sum the totals with the currency next to the dollar amount at the moment in the UI.

Thank you

Alica

• 1. Re: Oracle Financials - Collections module - Separation of dollar amount and currency
          J Reinhart

I'm not from Oracle, just wanted to suggest that instead of removing the currency from that field, perhaps you could ask for an additional column for the value in the functional currency, and for that column to not have the currency indicator included.   That way you can sum the new column, and the new column is all always in the same currency (your functional currency).   Just a thought.  I was really puzzled by the inclusion of the currency code in the value field until it occurred to me it may be intentional to prevent summing across currencies (e.g. summing Euro and Yen at face value)

Regards,

J