2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2019 6:41 PM by 4022582

SQL Developer not starting Windows 10

Hello guys,

i have searched and have not found the solution to my Problem and do not what to do, as if i have tryed anything i knew.

I want to use the sqldeveloper on Windows 10 with 64 Bit.

I downloaded the right Zip-file (sqldeveloper for 64 Bit with JDK 8), extracted it into a new Folder (did it on the Windows Partition and non Windows Partition, no difference) and wanted to start it.

A Window appears and the blue bar starts to grow with the Headline "loading data" it goes like that for a few seconds. After that the Window instantly disappears and Nothing more is Happening.

I tryed to change the msvcr100.dll in the JDK8/bin-Folder as it is recommended by ORACLE when it is not starting, but it does not help.

I hope, you can guys can help my out, because i Need this for the University.

English is not my mother tongue, so i am sorry for mistakes! I hope, you understand my Problem.

Best regards

Rainer

• 1. Re: SQL Developer not starting Windows 10
          Glen Conway

First off, you need to see what kind of error message the crash / disappearance is producing.  To do that...

1. Open a Cmd window.

2. CD to your SQL Developer installation's sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin directory.

3. Run .\sqldeveloper.exe

You should see some messages.  The two most common scenarios:

1) If the Java Virtual Machine is crashing, it could be Java not interacting well with your machine's video driver version. Try updating it.

2) Corrupt user settings (for 19.1, C:\Users\<yourID>\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system19.1.0.094.2042).  Delete the dir and try again.

If it is the lack of a msvcr100.dll on your PATH, or some old, incorrect version, put a copy of the one from the bundled JDK in a directory included first in your PATH variable.

Cheers

• 2. Re: SQL Developer not starting Windows 10

Hello Glenn!

You made me happy again!

The Drivers were all up to date, but the second step was the winner!

I really thank you!

have a good evening!