0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2019 6:53 PM by TrevorWJNorth

Download page no longer exists for OSB Express

TrevorWJNorth

I dont believe this is an OTN issue but i raised an SR and was told ODB Express is a forum issue and they wont even discuss it.

So - in the Oracle documentation for Oracle Secure Backup, it mentions the OSB family consists of Oracle Secure Backup, Oracle Secure Backup Express and OSB Cloud Module.

OSB Express is a free product bundled with Oracle Database and allows backup to Tape of a single non RAC database.

However, that and comparisons between OSB and OSB Express are as far as any Oracle documentation goes.

There are flyers touting the benefits of OSB Express but the links that once existed on OTN ceased to exist some time before March 2018.

So where do you get OSB Express ?

What is the installation process?

It's possible that there is no separate install for OSB Express and actually you install the full OSB but use it within the limit defined.

To confirm that would require confirmation from Oracle and an SR is the means to do that.

There is no confirmation from an answer in a forum if that is the answer but clearly Oracle doesnt want to discuss a product it touts as being free.

You kind of wonder why even in 18c and 19c they continue to mention OSB Express.

I have also posted in the MOSC for DB Utilities to see if any response and will continue to chase the SR but if anyone here can help - much appreciated.