6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2019 2:17 PM by Damir Dev

bpel invoke any web service over soap

Damir Dev

Hello.

SOA Suite 11g

I have composite, where

1. One service (soap) "InputService"

2. One bpel "Universal" (receive ReplyToAddress_1)

3. One reference (soap) "OutputService_1" (invoke with endpointURI from ReplyToAddress_1)

It looks like that

"InputService" with ReplyToAddress_1 -> "Universal" (make xml transform) -> "OutputService_1" (wsdl_1) with endpointURI from ReplyToAddress_1

For future reference will be change to another service (with another wsdl, binding port etc) instaed "OutputService_1", for example

"InputService" with ReplyToAddress_2 -> "Universal" (make xml transform) -> "OutputService_2" (wsdl_2) with endpointURI from ReplyToAddress_2

Well, I want to make a universal bpel, if it will change reference from "OutputService_1" to "OutputService_2", I change xml transform only.

Guess, I should create a common reference like "AnyOutputService" (wsdl with root element anyType) instead "OutputService_1" and "OutputService_2".

But how is it possbile? How is it ignore binding port and etc? Any idea?

• 1. Re: bpel invoke any web service over soap
          Martien van den Akker

Hi,

..wsdl with root element anyType...

You cannot have a WSDL with a message that is based on any type. What you can do (and what I'm currently doing on my current project for a MessageDispatcher) is to create a generic MessageEnvelop xsd. This allows you to have a Message header with several properties that you can use to base your routing/dispatching on. That MessageEnvelop can have a Payload element that is of AnyType.

Base a WSDL on that xsd. And you're good to go.

If the Exposed Services of the OutputService_1 and OutputService_2 are based on that same wsdl, you just have to set the endpointURI property on the Invoke.

Regards,
          Martien

• 2. Re: bpel invoke any web service over soap
            Damir Dev

Wsdl's for OutputService_1 and OutputService_2  is too different. And I don't want to delete old and create new reference in a composite every time, I want to change xslt transform only.

I guess this problem can be solved over some properties or java embedding...

• 3. Re: bpel invoke any web service over soap
              Martien van den Akker

Having dynamically call the services requires that the wsdl is exactly the same. Then you only have 1 reference in the composite. If you have them both in the composite, then you need to switch between them. You could use the Mediator component for that with a filter. Actually, the Mediator is exactly designed for precisely this purpose. But SOA Suite requires that your invoke or Mediator route matches the WSDL. And that each reference is wired properly.

I can't see how you could change the binding and the complete reference of a partnerlink/reference using properties or java. And actually, I would strongly discourage that. But it seems to me that you should use the Mediator.

I assume that now your universal bpel calls the OutputService_1 directly. Now, add a mediator component. Call it something like OutputServiceRouting. Then whire OutputService_1 to Mediator and replace the wire from bpel to OutputService_1 with a wire to BPEL and the OutputServiceRouting mediator. Then you can add OutputService_2 to the mediator component and add a routing rule that based on a filter expression route and an other xslt routes to OutputService_2.

Regards,
              Martien

• 4. Re: bpel invoke any web service over soap
                Damir Dev

Hi Martien!

I created and added to composite special wsdl and then I created reference for this wsdl. As result, I have one reference "CommonOutputService" only with poroperty

<property name="weblogic.wsee.wsat.transaction.flowOption"

type="xs:string" many="false">NEVER</property>

instead OutputService_1, OutputService_2 and etc.

So, It looks like that

"InputService" with ReplyToAddress -> "Universal bpel" -> "CommonOutputService" (CommonOutputService.wsdl) with endpointURI from ReplyToAddress

Then in bpel

1) I created xslt for target Web Service's shcema

2) I added assign (in Assign Activity) xslt to CommonOutputService's input variable with property

<copy keepSrcElementName="yes">

for root eleemnt saving from xslt

3) I added Invoke Activity to CommonOutputService with enpointURI from ReplyToAddress

Well, it works! So, if it will change target web service, I change a xslt only or modify a xslt to more common and universal.

Martien van den Akker wrote:

... and what I'm currently doing on my current project for a MessageDispatcher...

Regards,
                Martien

Can I join to your project? ;-)

• 5. Re: bpel invoke any web service over soap
                  Martien van den Akker

If I read correctly, this is more or less what I suggested in my first answers...

• 6. Re: bpel invoke any web service over soap
                    Damir Dev

Not really, Matrien.

Because, you recommend to use a mediator for routing to few references like OutputService_1, OutputService_2 etc.

But I created one common reference only without mediator and I invoked this reference directly over property "endpointURI".

So, if consumed web service with wsdl will be change, I edit xslt and ReplyToAddress value only.