Did you configure permissions in the Admintool? The error message tell you exactly that ...
If you search for "direct database requests" in the help of the Admintool you get it:
Allowing or Disallowing Direct Database RequestsYou can allow or disallow the ability to execute direct database requests for a particular application role.
For the selected role, this privilege overrides the property Allow direct database requests by default for the database object in the Physical layer.
To set the ability to execute direct database requests:
1) Follow the steps in "Accessing the Query Limits Functionality in the Administration Tool" to access the Query Limits tab.
2) For each database object, in the Execute Direct Database Requests field, select one of the following options:
- Allow: Explicitly grants the ability to execute direct database requests for this database.
- Disallow: Explicitly denies the ability to execute direct database requests for this database.
- Ignore: Limits are inherited from the parent application role. If there is no limit to inherit, then direct database requests are allowed or disallowed based on the property Allow direct database requests by default for the database object.
3) Click OK, then click OK again to return to the Identity Manager.
Thanks a bunch and I got it working by following your instructions
Here is what I had to do:
Open your repository in the Administration Tool to access the query limits functionality for an application role.
Select Manage, then select Identity.
In the Identity Manager dialog, in the tree pane, select BI Repository.
In the right pane, select the Application Roles tab, then double-click the application role for which you want to grant privs
In the Application Role dialog, click Permissions.
In the User/Application Role Permissions dialog, click the Query Limits tab.
In the Query Limits tab for each database object, in the Execute Direct Database Requests field, select an option.
Click OK, then click OK again to return to the Identity Manager.
Great it worked. Luckily you have this double security allowing you to really pick who can query which source as otherwise it would be too open.
So you can close the thread