1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 27, 2019 7:56 PM by thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Git Commit causes NullPointerException, found a fix but want to avoid doing it every time I start SQL Developer

Supermeerkat

Hi

When I try to commit to a local git repo I have cloned from a server, I get the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at oracle.ide.net.URLFactory.newURL(URLFactory.java:121)

at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.git.GITConfig.getUsers(GITConfig.java:55)

at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.git.GITUtil.getUserList(GITUtil.java:644)

at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.git.cmd.GITOperationCommit.createOptionsCustomizer(GITOperationCommit.java:500)

at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.git.cmd.GITAbstractOperation.invokeCommand(GITAbstractOperation.java:194)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.generic.ActionCommand.doitImplInvoke(ActionCommand.java:250)

at oracle.jdevimpl.vcs.git.cmd.GITOperationCommit.doitImpl(GITOperationCommit.java:290)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.generic.ActionCommand.doitImpl(ActionCommand.java:199)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.spi.VCSCommand.doit3(VCSCommand.java:600)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.spi.VCSCommand.doit(VCSCommand.java:135)

at oracle.ide.controller.CommandProcessor.invoke(CommandProcessor.java:377)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.spi.VCSController.invokeCommand(VCSController.java:205)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.spi.VCSController.handleEventImpl(VCSController.java:160)

at oracle.jdeveloper.vcs.spi.VCSController$1.run(VCSController.java:87)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)

at oracle.javatools.internal.ui.EventQueueWrapper._dispatchEvent(EventQueueWrapper.java:169)

at oracle.javatools.internal.ui.EventQueueWrapper.dispatchEvent(EventQueueWrapper.java:151)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

I can prevent the error by selecting the local branch (in my case master) from the cloned Repo in the "Versions window" and selecting Team > Git > Fetch and following the steps of the wizard. After doing this, I am able to commit without the error, but I have to do this every time I start up SQL Developer and it's not ideal. Can anyone suggest a way of fixing this?

I'm using Oracle SQL Developer V4.1.3.20 Build MAIN-20.78