9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2019 1:41 PM by Christian Berg

Based on results of another analyis- Static

Joe Choueiri-Oracle

Hi

Need help!

I have a dashboard that can give me a list of customers that have purchased specific products- image below. So the image below is a result based on the values in the prompt.

I want to be able to run another separate analysis for these customers/party numbers (in the image above the party numbers 74757476 & 68031980) and show different set of data....I have worked in the pas with "is based on results of another analysis"  and I was hoping that I can use it in here but because that report in the above image is not static or not saved that way the "is based on results of another analysis" option does not work. Any idea on how I can do that? run another separate analysis based on the result of the prompted analysis? customers/party numbers?

Thanks

Joe

• 1. Re: Based on results of another analyis- Static
          Christian Berg

1.) "want to be able to run another seperate analysis" - like what? Click a link amd launch that analysis?

2.) If "yes", then it's extremely simple: Action Link. If the target analysis uses the same subject area or the target subject area shares the same fully qualified column names, then the filters are passed along automatically to any "is prompted" or non-locked filter. No magic or weirs config needed. It's stansard functionality.

• 2. Re: Based on results of another analyis- Static
            Joe Choueiri-Oracle

Thanks Christian Berg, Before I try your suggestion, let me ask you, I was hoping to create another prompt and analysis on the same dashboard page next to this one where I search for the same period of time and region and customers but for different set of products, like this: based on the first result we have 2 customers "Rana Motors..." & "Servico de Tech..." that purchased in Q4 of FY19 in EMEA, country AA the following products "Marketing Sales Automation - Eloqua" ( these info are from the screen image above)  then the second report would show the product I search for....let me try to simplify it more...my end goal is to show who purchased for example "Marketing Sales Automation - Eloqua" or any other products  and also (the same customers) purchased "product xyz" or did not purchase "product xyz"

Is this possible?

• 3. Re: Based on results of another analyis- Static
              Christian Berg

It's extremely hard to understand what you really want to do there as you keep mixing the requirements with technical solution attempts.

Can you express your "simplified" business needs in detail and precisely?

• 4. Re: Based on results of another analyis- Static
                Joe Choueiri-Oracle

Thanks again Christian Berg and sorry for the confusion. Let me try again.

Let me start with this,although I am using the same subject area but the facts and product hierarchy folders I am using in my analyses are not joint

The ones in red are not joint with the one in green.

Now is the requirements (and by the way, it does not have to look exactly the same as long as I get the same result)

I want for the sales rep to pick any country/region and any period of time AND any product (which will come from the one in Red) and these criteria/prompts will give us a list of customers who purchased this specified product that the rep selected and it could be different every time in that country at the quarter (the report is on the left)

So far it is easy...the second part is the challenge.

We want for the specific list of customers we ended up having in the first report to run another query/report with any product (s) that come from the one in green and again only for those specific customers and of course the same country and period we initially specified. Image below.

So to conclude, the rep wants to know who has purchased this product but then have or does not have this product.

Hope this helps.

• 5. Re: Based on results of another analyis- Static
                  Christian Berg

Joe Choueiri-Oracle wrote:

Let me start with this,although I am using the same subject area but the facts and product hierarchy folders I am using in my analyses are not joint

The ones in red are not joint with the one in green.

By that do you mean to say that they are not conformed in the RPD?

• 6. Re: Based on results of another analyis- Static
                    Joe Choueiri-Oracle

I am not sure of the technical term if we called conformed or whatever, I do not do anything the the RPD level, but all I know that when I was able to look at the diagram they were not jointed/connected. So if I pick the fact in red "Non OU Rev" with the green dimension "Product FPH..." I will not get data, the same for the other fact and dimension.

• 7. Re: Based on results of another analyis- Static
                      Christian Berg

Truth to be told if you're working with an RPD that's filled with such inadequacies, it makes the "front-end work" a pain and problems like your a pure waste of time.

• 8. Re: Based on results of another analyis- Static
                        Joe Choueiri-Oracle

So Christian Berg, because they are not joint or conformed at the RPD level what I am trying to do is not possible? so if they are conformed or joint...then will it be possible?

Thanks

Joe

• 9. Re: Based on results of another analyis- Static
                          Christian Berg

Whatever you want to do: an inadequate RPD is the worst basis to have.

Analyzing something that doesn't exist in the data  - i.e. who has NOT bought something - is a tricky question in any case. Still - see point 1 and fix the RPD first. It's simply wrong.