5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2019 11:00 AM by Debiprasad Dey

How to obtain list of emails in campaigns

Hello all,

For auditing purposes, I am trying to obtain a list of ALL email assets that currently exist within active campaigns. However, via Insight/OBIEE, it seems to be only possible to obtain emails that have had a form of activity (opens, clicks, sends, etc). Is there a way of doing this either via the platform, Insight or the API?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: How to obtain list of emails in campaigns
          Mr Thee

hi there,

Via the API you could get all active campaigns: API/REST/1.0/assets/campaigns?search=name=*&currentStatus=Active

I added the name= to add any prefixes you need to filter on....

Then within the campaign results you will see the CampaignEmail elements. Via those you will find all other info desired...

To get more in depth info on the email by ID you can simply use: /API/REST/1.0/assets/email/<email-id>

Personally I use some plain php script to quickly generate insights that would take me a ton of time by hand....

Hope this was of any use...

• 2. Re: How to obtain list of emails in campaigns
            Andrew Philip-Oracle

Using the API as brilliantly documented by Mr Thee is definitely one approach.

If you have access to an Analyzer account for Insight, it should be very straight forward to create a custom report for the audit.

Campaign analysis subject Area should have the Attributes needed, the report could easily be filtered by Campaign Status to list the required data.emails.JPG

Regards

Andrew

• 3. Re: How to obtain list of emails in campaigns
              Alexa Kalapaca-Oracle

Adding to the Insight solution, the Campaign Activity by Asset subject area is probably what you are looking for as it lets you report on campaign and all campaign assets:

• 4. Re: How to obtain list of emails in campaigns

Hello all,

thanks for all of the help!

As in my OP, I used Insight and the Campaign Activity by Asset subject area, but this only show's emails within campaign that have activity (opens/clicks/etc). I will give the Campaign Analysis subject area a go, but am pretty sure it yielded the same results

Thanks Mr Thee! This looks a viable option which I will definitely explore!

• 5. Re: How to obtain list of emails in campaigns
                  Debiprasad Dey

Try getting OBIEE report for "Email Analysis Overview"  and add filter as campaign name. This will give you list of Email assets under under a particular campaign with status "Active", Using API the same can be done which I think a better option as mentioned by @Mr Thee