4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2019 5:13 PM by Sven W.

Dynamic content region

Sgodavar-Oracle

I'm using APEX 18.2. I need to create a pl/sql dynamic content region, with similar look and feel(table,tr,td etc.,) as either classic report/IR. any ideas are appreciated, thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Dynamic content region
          fac586

Sgodavar-Oracle wrote:

I'm using APEX 18.2. I need to create a pl/sql dynamic content region, with similar look and feel(table,tr,td etc.,) as either classic report/IR. any ideas are appreciated, thanks for your help.

If you need something that looks like a classic report or IR then the solution probably is a classic report or IR. I have yet to see one of these PL/SQL Dynamic Content questions where a report solution wasn't both possible and superior

Create the required database objects and sample data in a shared workspace on apex.oracle.com and we can explore the various options.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Dynamic content region
            Sgodavar-Oracle

The related objects are not just tables alone, but includes lot of of business logic functions/procedures and complex pl/sql code, which can't be simply converted to sql query. I need to be able to get all the data using the business logic and able to show it as a classic report/IR to maintain the same look and feel as other pages in the app. any ideas are appreciated, thanks.

• 3. Re: Dynamic content region
              fac586

Sgodavar-Oracle wrote:

The related objects are not just tables alone, but includes lot of of business logic functions/procedures and complex pl/sql code, which can't be simply converted to sql query. I need to be able to get all the data using the business logic and able to show it as a classic report/IR to maintain the same look and feel as other pages in the app. any ideas are appreciated, thanks.

Use the business logic to put the data into an APEX collection and create a report region on the collection.

• 4. Re: Dynamic content region
                Sven W.

Are the number/type of columns stable? Then create a pipelined table function and select from that function.