2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2019 6:45 AM by Rudolf Tuljo

Migration from OWB 11.2.0.4 to ODI 12.2.1.3.0

Rudolf Tuljo

Hello.

Does anybody know if Oracle has plan to release patch or new migration tool for migrating to 12.2.1.3.0 (2) directly?

We can not go with one-time migration to 12.2.1.2.6 and afterwards, upgrade repository to 12.2.1.3.0 since we must do migration in chunks.

Also, we are not sure if export - import from 12.2.1.2.6 to 12.2.1.3.o should always work?

tnx a lot

• 1. Re: Migration from OWB 11.2.0.4 to ODI 12.2.1.3.0
          Marco Fris

As for your first question: I would be very surprised if the migration tool would get upgraded. Upgrade paths needing intermediate versions are pretty common with Oracle. I'd plan to have the intermediate version around for as long as your migration lasts.

As for the second one: from my limited experience, importing 12.2.1.2 exports into 12.2.1.3.0 works fine, or better: not worse than 12.2.1.3.0 to 12.2.1.3.0. There are issues with importing scenarios, but those have been around a long time. Regenerate the lot after import. (Do it in a procedure, that will save you a lot of time).

If you import into an execution-only repository you can't regenerate. In that case pray to the deity of your choice.

And please use Smart export/import.

1 person found this helpful