3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2019 4:37 PM by 3992715

What is the link between AR invoice and PA invoice?

We are relatively new to billing.  Based on another question I asked, there is a link between ar and pa invoices.  I would like to know exactly what that link is

thanks

• 1. Re: What is the link between AR invoice and PA invoice?
          J Reinhart

The community is a great place to come when you are new to an area.  Don't be shy about asking questions.   

There is a link on both sides.   In Projects, the system_reference field is the ra customer trx all . customer trx id , the id of the AR invoice.  It is only populated after the invoice is created in AR and tied back.   There is also the ra invoice number, which can be populated when the draft invoice is released, but that doesn't mean that the invoice is in AR yet.

On the AR side, look at interface header attribute 1 through 5    (not plain attribute1, interface_header_attribute1, and so on)   I_H_Attribute1 is the project number, pa_projects_all.segment1   I_H_Attribute2 is the draft invoice num from pa_draft_invoices_all   I_H_Attribute3 is the agreement   I_H_Attribute4 is the owning organization  and I_H_attribute5 id the project manager's name    So, for example, if you have the invoice in AR, you can use IH_att1 to get the project id from pa projects all then use the project id and I_H_attribute2 to get the draft invoice from pa draft invoices all.

Regards,

J

• 2. Re: What is the link between AR invoice and PA invoice?
            J Reinhart

I should add that there are also interface attributes on the line level.

Interface line attribute 1 through 5 on ra_customer_trx_lines_all are defined the same way as interface_header_attribute1 through 5 on ra_customer_trx_all    In addition, ra_customer_trx_lines_all.interface_Line_attribute6 is the draft invoice line so you can match AR invoice lines to PA draft invoice lines.

Regards,

J

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: What is the link between AR invoice and PA invoice?

thanks For the quick replies and the support for asking a lot of questions