7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2019 11:12 AM by Bommi

Where to search the workflow name of AP Invoice

Bommi

Hi Experts,

can anyone please let me know where to search the workflow name that is being used for AP Invoice Approval. I know it is APINVAPR. But, I am looking for navigation to find out where we mention the name and also the navigation path in server where it is placed. Because we are going to customize the workflow, so need to replace the workflow

We are using R12.2.3

Regards,

Bommi

• 1. Re: Where to search the workflow name of AP Invoice
          Bommi

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me on this

Regards,

Bommi

• 2. Re: Where to search the workflow name of AP Invoice
            Doifode

Hi,

One can find the seeded workflow definition files under
            $/patch/115/import/ directory.
            For example, .wft files related to order management can be located in the following directory:

$ONT_TOP/patch/115/import/US

this is one way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other way is:-

Go to workflow builder and then connect it to server.

After that search on the there for APINVAPR.

After finding it open it in your workflow builder and then save it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can download/upload workflow definition from different database tables to a flat file using a Oracle command line utility ‘WFLOAD‘

Following is the syntax for WFLOAD utility

WFLOAD apps/<apps_pwd> 0 Y UPLOAD <file_name>.wft

WFLOAD apps/<apps_pwd> 0 Y DOWNLOAD <file_name>.wft <Item_Type>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternatively you can also download and upload the workflow through a concurrent program “Workflow Definitions Loader” from System Administrator responsibility

I Hope this is helpful for you.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Where to search the workflow name of AP Invoice
              Bommi

Hi Doifode,

This is really helpful.

But, how can we say APINVAPR is the workflow that is being used for AP Invoice Approval (That's OK, we know that. But how system knows)?

As I said, I want to replace it with our custom Workflow (say XX_APINV_WF). So, where I have to replace the APINVAPR name with XX_APINV_WF so that from then onwards only XX_APINV_WF will only be used.

Also

1. I am just checking in our AP_TOP, there is no workflow with name APINVAPR as shown below

2. When we run the Workflow Definitions Loader, the file will be downloaded into the path which we mentioned there, similarly upload will be done from the path we mentioned? (In your case as you mentioned to download POAPPRV.wft, it will be downloaded to user/temp). Please correct me if I am wrong

Regards,

Bommi

• 4. Re: Where to search the workflow name of AP Invoice
                KrisOApps

Hi Bommi,

Workflow definitions are loaded into the database so at run time, the definition in the database is used and not the wft file.

The call to APINVAPR item type is built into the package AP_WORKFLOW_PKG. When you customize the workflow, you should keep the item type as APINVAPR. You can name the wft file as XX_APINV_WF.wft it does not matter.

When you upload the workflow, your customization will be loaded to the database and that will be used.

1. The wft file name is apfhanwf.wft

2. You should move custom wft file to a working directory on the application server and use the WFLOAD from the same directory

Thanks,

KRishna

• 5. Re: Where to search the workflow name of AP Invoice
                  Bommi

Hi Doifode,

I tried DOWNLOAD, it worked. But, when I tried the UPLOAD it errored out. The log and parameters is as below:

The file I placed in server is in the same path as I mentioned while running the program

Regards,

Bommi

• 6. Re: Where to search the workflow name of AP Invoice
                    Doifode

Hi Bommi,

It look like you are uploading the workflow file from your machine.

You need to place the workflow file on the server.At particle TOP.

i.e

$AP_TOP/patch/115/import/APINVAPR.wft

You need to place your APINVAPR.wft file on this path $AP_TOP/patch/115/import/  on the server.

And then you need to Run the Workflow Definitions Loader concurrent program after giving correct parameter connecting latest path of the file.

and give your APINVAPR.wft  read write rites i.e. 777 .Right now there is only read rights given to file.

Also look into the following link.This might help you

https://imdjkoch.wordpress.com/category/oracle/oracle-technologies/oracle-workflow/

Oracle Applications Insight: Upload or Download Oracle Workflows using WFLOAD Command Line Utility

If above not work then Also check the access level of that workflow. Give the appropriate access level.

i.e.

Hope this will Help you.

• 7. Re: Where to search the workflow name of AP Invoice
                      Bommi

Hi Doifode,

Thanks for inputs, I will check and update you

Regards,

Bommi