3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2019 11:18 AM by RotBlitz

Changed password and loss of connection with my hosts

Julieniisb

Hello,

To begin, i apologize for my english.

I use solutions with 3G modems and M2M sim cards to provide a remote access on computers and other devices.

When i configure those modems, i have to enter my dyn's ID and password to allow the communications between the modem and dyn's services.

The password on my dyn account accidentally changed a few days ago.

Result : i have lost the remote connection with all my hosts

I can't change back my password to what it was because it was a 6 characters password, and dyn now requires an 8 character password

I've contacted the support, but i haven't recieved a satisfying response (only a procedure who doesn't match with my problem).

I really hope someone can bring a solution to my problem.

Thank you in advance.

Julien.

• 1. Re: Changed password and loss of connection with my hosts
          Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle

Hi Julieniisb,

Unfortunately there is not much that can be done in this situation. Typically just changing your password back to its previous state would fix but in this case it would not. For security purposes we can not revert to password requirements once they have been changed if they do not conform to current practices (in this case going from 6 characters to 8). You will need to manually update each device to the new password or updater key (if enabled) either personally or by a trusted individual for each device. Please note that if you do elect to use the updater key in place of your account password, any future changes to your account password would not have impact on the devices.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

• 2. Re: Changed password and loss of connection with my hosts
            Julieniisb

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your response,

Are-you sure really nothing can be done ? (I don't know if you can manually change my password, even temporary or something like that).

Because my custommers won't change themselves the password, i will have to physically go on 150 sites, (it represents a lot of time and money for my company, and disagrements for my custommers :/).

Thank you for your time.

Julien.

• 3. Re: Changed password and loss of connection with my hosts
              RotBlitz

The problem here is that you got the wrong service for your purposes.  DynDNS Pro is a service for individuals and SMBs, not to serve your customers.  You ran yourself into the situation you are now...