Did you apply any patch recently for this environment?
Please let me know if this error is intermittent or there is complete outage with this message getting displayed for your environment.
In the meanwhile, if this is prod, please raise a ticket with Oracle support as well.
We did not apply any patches, and there is complete outage
Hi Maaz and all,
I tried to restore last week's apps backup (only) and run cloning, but still the issue persist.
What restore point do I need?
Can you check invalid object count after restoring? Can you please run utlrp.sql to compile invalid objects and try again.
Can you try in different browser ?
Did you bounce the instance ?
was there any error in the form/web (or) DB alert.log ?
Thanks Kanda, Maaz
I will check that.....brb
Can you try to compile menus and retest .
is this on virtual server
Can you tell when you are getting the issue exactly? Is it a standard page? Check Oracle Support in E-Business Suite category I can see several hits. When you get this error, do you see anything in error_log?
Request-URI Too Large Error Generated While Adding Suppliers To RFQ (Doc ID 2447185.1)
Thanks Vishnu, Kanda, and all,
The issue is we can not login on login page. everyone is on blackout.
This is on-prem server not VM.
try recomplile the application context file.
A. Set the JSP compilation to Automatic using the following steps:
1. Use the vi editor to edit the $CONTEXT_NAME.xml context file used by AutoConfig and change the value for "s_jsp_main_mode" from "justrun" to "recompile" (without the double quotes)
Backup the context file before editing it.
2. Run Autoconfig to propagate the changes to the configuration files.
3. Verify that now the
4. Restart the Middle Tier services and access the applications to load JSP's which will cause them to be recompiled on the run.
5. After successfully accessing the applications, use the vi editor to edit the $CONTEXT_NAME.xml context file used by AutoConfig and revert the value for "s_jsp_main_mode" to "justrun" (without the double quotes) in order not to hamper the performance of your system.
6. Run AutoConfig to propagate the changes.
I will try that ....
What do you think is the cause of this issue?
We have not done any changes on the instance.
We already fix the issue.
Based on DB alert logs error we need to create new datafile for tablespace APPS_TS_TX_DATA.
Why is it showing "weird" error of Request-URI Too Large Error?
Thanks for sharing it. if any working instance is suddenly giving weird error, good to check database alert.log for any such errors.