5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2019 3:18 PM by Dude!

spam

Dude!

I suggest that someone with the necessary privs removes the below thread that was posted yesterday:

Introducing Myself

Whenever I open it, I'm logged out.

May also recommend to consider such posts spam in general and instruct people to use Getting Started

Btw, when I open Introduce Yourself to the Community! it logs me out as well.

• 1. Re: spam
          L. Fernigrini

I can open the thread without any issue. I agree that the post is placed on the wrong space, but does not seem to have issues.

It had a link to the OP company site, that may be consider spam, although it was not the case that the poster flooded the space with messages, it was a single message that included the link among other data.

Timo has already removed the link.

• 2. Re: spam
            Dude!

And Ed quoted the message so the effect is zero.

There are various definitions. Spam does not necessarily have to come in bulk.

• 3. Re: spam
              EdStevens

Dude! wrote:

And Ed quoted the message so the effect is zero.

There are various definitions. Spam does not necessarily have to come in bulk.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I have removed the link from the quote in my response.

• 4. Re: spam
                L. Fernigrini

I know, I'm just pointing that in my opinion (and since you stated a discussion that means that you want to hear opinions) this particular message seems to be well intended, and not a deliberate intent to advertise for free their company.

It's OK for me that the link is removed and OP warned. Let's give new people in the forum some space to make mistakes, as long as they seem unintended and produce no big harm (we are talking about 1 message). If we do not help newcomers and instead of that we "punish" them because of their lack of knowledge on the forum etiquette / rules, we are condemned to disappear.

• 5. Re: spam
                  Dude!

I don't believe in the "innocent inexperienced newcomer profile" narrative and I don't think the problem is education.