7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2019 4:15 PM by James M. Finch-Oracle

Points vanished after change of email address

Hello All,

I recently changed my company and due to that I had to change my login email address. After doing the same, I lost all the points I had in my account. I was in level 6 and now I'm with 30 points newbie. How do I get all the points that I lost?

Thanks!

Selvakumar Nagulan

• 1. Re: Points vanished after change of email address
          Franck N

Hi,

that is the expected behavior.

An administrator could assist you into that.

I will recommand from now on  to  use your private Email ID or you will face the same issue again after moving to your next Company .

regards,

Franck

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Points vanished after change of email address
            BluShadow

This is a known issue that happens occasionally.

Rather than updating your existing accounts details, the system has created a new account and you'll find you probably can't get back in with the old account now either.

If you identify some of your old content on the community you'll probably find it's not the same username as you're logged in with now.

Christina Brashear-Oracle or James M. Finch-Oracle; can you please assist this member in getting their new email address back on to their old account so they can log in using that account again.

• 3. Re: Points vanished after change of email address
              L. Fernigrini

If you created a new account with a new mail for SSO (single sign on) then that's the normal behavior. You can continue using the old email as login (with Oracle SSO password) and you should see the points on that different account.

If you just changed the email (I do not know how to do that) the account should be the same. Please confirm what you have done

• 4. Re: Points vanished after change of email address
                BluShadow

L. Fernigrini wrote:

If you created a new account with a new mail for SSO (single sign on) then that's the normal behavior. You can continue using the old email as login (with Oracle SSO password) and you should see the points on that different account.

If you just changed the email (I do not know how to do that) the account should be the same. Please confirm what you have done

Email address can be changed through the account profile, however there's a known issue whereby it doesn't always update the same account, but instead creates a new account.

• 5. Re: Points vanished after change of email address
                  Dude!

Changing the username or email ID is known to cause such a problem. You should be able to change it back to regain your previous points or status, as already mentioned. Perhaps a site administrator will see your post here and pick it up, otherwise there is a link at the end of  About Your Oracle Account where you can describe your problem and submit a help request.

• 6. Re: Points vanished after change of email address

Thanks for all the suggestions provided. Seems to be I messed up with another id which was created by Oracle. Now I have 2 accounts. My old account perfectly alright which I changed to my personal id for login to avoid further confusion.

Again, thanks a lot for all the suggestions

Stay Awesome!

Selvakumar Nagulan

• 7. Re: Points vanished after change of email address
                      James M. Finch-Oracle

Send me a direct message with the old account's e-mail address and what you want to change it to.

Once we make the change, your current account will be disabled and you should be able to access the old account/points.

Best,

Jim Finch