2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2019 8:51 PM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle

Oracle 12c : Administrator Certified Associate

Hello,

I was prepared for Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate and I have cleared  SQL Fundamentals I 1Z0-051 exam and now it is already

retired.I have done my research and found out that the Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate is retiring on 31, Dec 2019.

I wish to become an OCA in DBA and i want to continue to Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate.So, can i do that ?

Please note , I have cleared SQL Fundamentals I 1Z0-051 exam  on July 27, 2017

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Asmi

• 1. Re: Oracle 12c : Administrator Certified Associate
          jaramill

3405174 wrote:

Hello,

I was prepared for Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate and I have cleared SQL Fundamentals I 1Z0-051 exam and now it is already

retired.I have done my research and found out that the Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate is retiring on 31, Dec 2019.

I wish to become an OCA in DBA and i want to continue to Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate.So, can i do that ?

Please note , I have cleared SQL Fundamentals I 1Z0-051 exam on July 27, 2017

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Asmi

An exam being retired does NOT mean the exam is no longer a valid requirement for a certification.  Perfect example is exam 1Z0-047 (Oracle Database SQL Expert) which gave you the OCE certification in SQL. This exam also satisfied requirements for OCA-PL/SQL.

Just because it is retired does not mean it is not valid for other certifications.

I would suggest study for OCA-DBA 12c exam as you don't have to worry about rushing to study before the deadline of OCA-DBA 11g expiring at the end of this year.  And since you just passed exam 1Z0-051 (SQL Fundamentals I - 11g), then all you need to do is pass exam 1Z0-062.

Remember all the requirements are on the Oracle Certification website.

In your case here are the requirements for the OCA-DBA 12c certification --> https://education.oracle.com/products/trackp_248

• 2. Re: Oracle 12c : Administrator Certified Associate
            Brandye Barrington-Oracle

The 1Z0-051 exam will still fulfill the SQL requirement for the 12c DBA OCA. You can switch to this path by only passing exam 062. After that, I highly recommend that you move on to the most current version of Oracle Database Certification - Oracle Database Administration 2019 Certified Professional.

Regards,

Brandye Barrington

Oracle Certification Program