5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2019 11:03 PM by EdStevens

oracle sql devloper

Hi friends , i have installed 18C . it was running fine . after couple of weeks when i re-start client oracle sql devloper than it give error "RA-12528: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new connections". what is solution than . re-install oracle ? re-install client oracle sql devloper ? any alternative ? please help

• 1. Re: oracle sql devloper
          thatJeffSmith-Oracle

make sure your database is both MOUNTED and OPEN

Your issue isn't with SQL Developer, it's with your database. It might be easier to just shut it down and restart it.

• 2. Re: oracle sql devloper

Hi respected friend, i did re-start several time but in vain , any furthur  help ,   is connect  through cmd line sqlplus is alternative ?

• 3. Re: oracle sql devloper
              Glen Conway

If you get "ORA-12528: TNS:listener: all appropriate instances are blocking new connections" when attempting to connect with SQL Developer, then I imagine you should get the same or similar error when trying to connect with sqlplus.

Did you already trying connecting with sqlplus?

• 4. Re: oracle sql devloper

hi , i tried through sqlplus and it connected but when i tried to  create table it gives error "database not open" i googled and tried it

SQL>shutdown abort;
                ORACLE instance shut down

SQL> startup nomount
                ORACLE instance started
                Total System Global Area
                3206836224 bytes
                Fixed Size 
                2180024 bytes
                Variable Size 
                2415922248 bytes
                Database Buffers  771751936 bytes
                Redo Buffers 
                16982016 bytes
                SQL
                >

when i tried to create table , it gives same error databse not open  ,, any solution

• 5. Re: oracle sql devloper
                  EdStevens

4005043 wrote:

hi , i tried through sqlplus and it connected but when i tried to create table it gives error "database not open" i googled and tried it

SQL>shutdown abort;
                  ORACLE instance shut down

SQL> startup nomount
                  ORACLE instance started
                  Total System Global Area
                  3206836224 bytes
                  Fixed Size
                  2180024 bytes
                  Variable Size
                  2415922248 bytes
                  Database Buffers 771751936 bytes
                  Redo Buffers
                  16982016 bytes
                  SQL
                  >

when i tried to create table , it gives same error databse not open ,, any solution

You qualified your startup with the 'nomount' option. Why?  Do you understand what that does? 

NOMOUNT only reads the init<sid>.ora or the spfile<sid>.ora file and initializes the instance - the memory and background processes.

MOUNT does all the work of NOMOUNT, plus opening the control file(s).

OPEN does all the work of MOUNT, then actually opens the database data files, thus putting the database in an open state.