it seems like 19.2 only completes table names if you prefix with schema name, ie "<schema name>." and then ctrl-space.
I believe it is a change from earlier versions.
Мanual completion does not work if auto-popup completion preferences is disabled (restart sqldev).
I didn't get it to work with any table since I updated to SD 19.2. My own tables do not work, public synonyms do not work and tables from other schemas where I have access to via a role do not work either even qualifying with the schema name does not work..
On a slower database I had sometimes problems with own tables but public synonyms did work with 19.1.
Maybe it's a timeout issue? When I type select * from act and trhen press CTRL-Space, nothing happens even if I just have a single table named ACT_ABO_GPS
Suggestions for the columns do work though. Or does my Oracle version 12.2 make a difference?
I don't have DBA rights but connecting as system and type select * from dba_t and then pressing CTRL-Space does not work either.
What is funny though, when I'm logged in as system an type select * from u and then CTRL-Space, I get a list of schemas beginning with "U" shown. So Completion Insight seems to suggest usernames instead of tables.
When I type select * from system. it becomes select * from system.EXTERNAL
Hope that helps finding the issue.
Enabling Autopopup did the trick, but should not correlate to manual completion. Thanks anyway.
If it is a timing issue, see the View -> Log -> Statements panel
You can see the queries we're firing, and how long they take.
I see no correlation between Auto ON|OFF - that is, if I disable Auto Completion, it's still working for me on demand.
I have enabled autopopup before but did not restart sqldev. After restarting it works as expected. So it seems enabling autopopup alone is not enough. I did not check if it suffices to disconnect and reconnect though.
I,m having the same problem after the upgrade.
disable auto-completion on the insight page in preferences, reconnect your sessions
we'll have a new version 19.2.1 in the works with this fix included
I tried, but it didn't work.
I am having a similar problem. I have a new installation of 220.127.116.11.2117 and have not changed any settings. When I hit Ctrl + Space I am being shown sequence objects owned by the schema owner but nothing that has to do with the table alias. Additionally if I begin to type the first few characters of a column name from a table alias I get nothing. I looked at the statements being fired and can successfully run them in a Worksheet. One thing I notice in the Logging Page tab is the following error:
ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation
I'm not sure what is canceling this request but the results are not being displayed in the auto complete popup. Here is some example SQL:
select wttdm.--Completion insight here displays database sequences instead of columns of the table alias
from wttypedefinitionmaster wttdm