3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2019 6:57 AM by happy10319

Registering a change to an existing ORACLE password

happy10319

Hi,

In Maintenance Guide for 12.2 (page 6-19) I see:

If you are registering a change to an existing ORACLE password, make the password

change in the database immediately AFTER you register the password change in Oracle

E-Business Suite.

Does it mean If I change GL password using FNDCASS then I should run

SQL> alter user GL identified by nnn;

Thanks for clarification.

• 1. Re: Registering a change to an existing ORACLE password
          Kanda-Oracle

Hi

You should use only FNDCPASS to change the password. You should not use 'alter user' from sqlplus.

Thanks

N Kandasamy

• 2. Re: Registering a change to an existing ORACLE password
            lmu

The Maintenance Guide for 12.2 (page 6-19) has two parts, one about a new oracle user just registered in the database the other about changing oracle passwords that is if flat out wrong.

The section you referenced 6-19 is referring to a new database username(schema) registered in ebs.  That may require the password updated in the database right after because it say's it again in 6-20.

The password of your ORACLE username.

Until you register the password changes in Oracle E-Business Suite and implement

them in the database, responsibilities using this ORACLE username cannot connect to

the database.

After this is registered and updated, you would not ever change the password in the database.  You would always use FNDCPASS or AFPASSWD.

The "make the applsys password change in the database statement in this 6-20 paragraph is wrong. The applsys username is not updated with sqlplus in the database. (unless you screw something up and need to fix it).  FNDCPASS or AFPASSWD will update the password and there is no need to change it in the database manually.

Warning: If you are changing the password to the applsys ORACLE

username, which contains the Oracle Application Object Library tables,

you must not change the passwords to any other ORACLE usernames

at the same time.

As soon as you change and save the password, you should

immediately log out of the Oracle E-Business Suite, make the applsys

password change in the database, and then sign on again before you do

anything else. You should also ensure that no other users are logged on

to the Oracle E-Business Suite while you are changing the applsys

password

I just changed all the passwords on a clone.  It would have been crazy and impossible to do if I had to also change them in the database after changing them using fndcpass.

Removing Credentials from a Cloned EBS Production Database (Doc ID 419475.1)

• 3. Re: Registering a change to an existing ORACLE password
              happy10319

Thanks to all.

Complicated and confusing.

Regards.