2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2019 8:47 AM by Peter Rauxloh

Healthy forms 12.2.1.3.0 installation cannot find FMX file

Peter Rauxloh

Hello All,

Hopefully this is an easy one but I could not find an explanation

We have carried out a test installation on a new VM of  WLS and Forms builder version 12.2.1.3, in order to test this version's  improved image handling abilities.

On this machine I can run up  node manager, WLS admin and WLS admin FORMS server are all running, both WLS EM and the WLS admin console are reachable, and I can make an SQLPlus connection to my database.

When I try http://localhost:9001/forms/frmservlet I get the familiar Installed Successfully! form showing.  All good.

Problem is that when I try and run up the form I have created to test the new image functionality, 

http://localhost:9001/forms/frmservlet?forms=welcome_cde

it does not find it, but just returns the same successful install message.

The compiled form welcome_cde.fmx exists in the standard local directory C:\FORMS\PRDOUCTION, and this path is present in the FORMS_PATH variable as shown

Finally the path variable visible form the command prompt on the  12.2.1.3 machine has been altered to include those Oracle elements that are in the path variable on my working 12.2.1.0 machine:

PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_221\bin;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\jlib;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\bin;C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\forms;C:\Users\pradmin-mola\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;

Otherwise I have compare the forms environment settings on my working  12.2.1.1 and 12.2.1.3 and believe they are identical.

I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of things to check - and please do not assume to much knowledge - I may have omitted a basic step!

Thank you in advance

Pete

My Forms platform is :

Oracle Cloud compute platform Windows Server 2012 R12 64bit

Forms [64 Bit] Version 12.2.1.3

Oracle Toolkit Version 12.2.1.1.0 (Production)

PL/SQL Version 11.2.0.3.0 (Production)

Oracle Procedure Builder V12.2.1.1.0 - Production

PL/SQL Editor (c) WinMain Software (www.winmain.com), v1.0 (Production)

Oracle Query Builder 12.2.1.1.0 - Production

Oracle Virtual Graphics System Version 12.2.1.1.0 (Production)

Oracle Tools GUI Utilities Version 12.2.1.1.0 (Production)

Oracle Multimedia Version 12.2.1.1.0 (Production)

Oracle Tools Integration Version 12.2.1.1.0 (Production)

Oracle Tools Common Area Version 12.2.1.1.0

Oracle CORE 11.2.0.3.0 Production

Java Version: Oracle Corporation, 1.8.0_77

My database platform is

Oracle Database 12c Standard Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production in the Oracle cloud on a Linux box

WLS is

WebLogic Server Version: 12.2.1.3.0

Thanks

Pete

• 1. Re: Healthy forms 12.2.1.3.0 installation cannot find FMX file
          Michael Ferrante-Oracle

Problems are not "hard" or "easy"... they are just puzzled that have not yet been solved.

Fortunately in your case the problem looks like a simple one.  Look closely at your URL.  See anything odd?

http://localhost:9001/forms/frmservlet?forms=welcome_cde

"forms" should be "form"

Regarding improved image handling, for the most part nothing happens automagically.  One of the main enhancements added was the ability to use an image's native format without compressing or otherwise altering it.  This is available for image items and images shown on the canvas.  Regarding image items, if an image was stored in the db through an image item using READ_IMAGE... whatever its format compression was done to it at that time cannot be changed.  So any improvement would only be against image uploaded with these changes.  Also, to enable this functionality you must set the image item property "Image Format" to Native

If you would like to have your existing images benefit from these changes, at least somewhat, but do not want to alter your form, refer to the two new environment variables FORMS_MAP_GIF_IMAGE_TO_NATIVE and FORMS_MAP_JFIF_IMAGE_TO_NATIVE.  Details on how to use these can be found in the New Features Guide.

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/documentation/techlisting12c-2855390.html

Keep in mind that if you choose to use Native image formats, the compression usually performed by Forms will not occur.  This means if you upload a 10M image, the same 10M file will be returned at runtime.  This can greatly degrade performance if there are many images shown at one time (e.g. multi-record blocks)

Also new is the ability to load images with READ_IMAGE file using a URL.  However, images loaded via a URL cannot be saved in the DB.

READ_IMAGE_FILE('http://example.com/myimage.gif', 'URL', 'BLOCK1.Image1');

SET_CANVAS_PROPERTY (CANVAS1', BACKGROUND_IMAGE, 'http://example.com/images/myImage.gif');

Also added was the Fill option for Sizing Style:

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Healthy forms 12.2.1.3.0 installation cannot find FMX file
            Peter Rauxloh

Hi Michael,

I am in your debt once again, because your suggestion about form=welcome_cde rather than forms=welcome_cde  worked.

This was rather odd because we have always used  the version  forms=welcome_cde.   However trying the form= version on our live 12.2.1.0 installation this also works.  I guess 12.2.1.3 is just a bit more picky?

Thanks once again and also for the tips on showing the images.

All the best

Pete