4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2019 7:38 PM by jmo

Please need to contact an actual Dyn representative for account closure

jmo

I am trying to cancel my Dyn services. I have been emailing billing@dyn.com, but the most recent emails are kicking back as undeliverable. The ones I sent with a read receipt were never opened.

I called the phone number. Thus far no response. Please may I interact with a human being?

• 1. Re: Please need to contact an actual Dyn representative for account closure
          Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle

Hi jmo, what services are you trying to cancel? If you are using standard dns or remote access, both can be cancelled via account.dyn.com. Services can be individually cancelled by clicking "cancel" on the service itself, or you can close your account by clicking "close account" under the account settings tab.

If it is not these services, please DM me (friend request sent, please accept to DM) and let me know your username and ticket number you received when contacting billing.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

• 2. Re: Please need to contact an actual Dyn representative for account closure
            jmo

Michael,

Thank you for responding. I am not an engineer or technical person, I am an accountant, so the things you suggested are beyond my scope. It's a miracle I've gotten this far on this board

The issue is that we've mailed a cancellation letter for services to the legal address in our contract: no response or confirmation of receipt.

I email billing@dyn.com: no one ever replies, responds or looks at those emails. It's a fancy bot. I never get a "read receipt" response back.

When I call the number provided for accounting, the voicemail box does not accept calls.

Our account rep was emailed and I got an "undeliverable" back. Apparently she is no longer with Dyn.

I need a human being I can either email or talk with over the phone.  We are cancelling our services, which based on the invoice appear to be Active Failover/Resource Records/QPS/Domains/Dynamic DNS.

The problem is that if no one acknowledges our repeated efforts to submit the cancellation, then it is too convenient for Dyn to continue billing, or worse, auto renew because you "never got our cancellation notice."

Request is, please, a viable email and/or phone number for a person with whom I can cancel services. I do not have access to any Dyn portal to uncheck a box to stop service. But when it comes time to pay the bill, I'm the right person. Please help! Thank you!

I was going to supply my account number and contact details, then remembered this is a public forum.

• 3. Re: Please need to contact an actual Dyn representative for account closure
              Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle

jmo Please DM me your account number and I can follow up with our support team for you. Someone will then be in touch with the contact listed on the account regarding your request. Additionally, please email userhelp@dyn.com with details and share the ticket number with me via DM as well.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

• 4. Re: Please need to contact an actual Dyn representative for account closure
                jmo

I have sent the details via DM. Thank you so much for your kind help! I also forwarded our cancellation notice to the address you provided. I did not get any response back with a case number...at least not yet. I sent it about 35 minutes ago. I'll still take any other contact details you can provide. Thanks again!