2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2019 9:51 PM by K.Gan

Impact of Partitioned tables on GG

$a!|

Hi All,

I have a non-partitioned million row data table in the source schema. I have implemented GG replication over the table into RPT schema.

Now due to Source DB changes, the source table was converted into a partitioned table.

while converting the source table into partitioned table I had to rename the table, apply partitions on a new table and rename it to old table.

Now when I checked in the RPT schema the table is not present anymore. Is this because of the partitioning.

Can you please let me know, if I had to re-create the table in the RPT schema and if so Do I need to apply partitions in the RPT schema as well.

Kindly suggest.

• 1. Re: Impact of Partitioned tables on GG
          Vikas Panwar

Hi,

I didnt get much of what is RPT.

but when you did new table and renamed to old table name later. Did you enable supplemental logging and restarted GG.

1. steps shd be something like below:
          2. stop extract
          3. stop replicat
          4. do the table changes
          5. enable logging
          6. start replicat
          7. start extract

Mark this correct, helpful or like it appropriately. It  will help others

-VP

• 2. Re: Impact of Partitioned tables on GG
            K.Gan

I assume you call your target schema RPT. Before you point the finger at OGG, check that it is indeed OGG that does it. All DDL operations which i assume you are replicating will be logged into the report files. Search for the drop table.

In addition your partitions between source and target need not have to match, you can have partitions on one side and not the other.

For partitioning unless you have matching set ups on both databases, it is better to do them separately on both. Stop the DDL replication for this table, do the partitioning and re-enable DDL. As I have said, your partitions need not have to match for replication to work.

Cheers

Kee Gan