3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2019 11:34 AM by 3487083

Scheduling DV projects and data refresh in OBIEE 12c

1)I have to schedule a DV project,I cannot do that,I tried adding it to a dashboard page and then scheduling an agent ,but the agent ran successfully.but in email i got DV project not supported.

So is it that we cannot schedule a DV project

2)If i am creating a ORACLE DB connection and creating a project out of that DV.does the Data get refreshed With every run.Basically what i meant if scheduling is possible will  the DV project data get refreshed with every schedule run

• 1. Re: Scheduling DV projects and data refresh in OBIEE 12c
          Gianni Ceresa

DV objects aren't Answers objects, therefore a DV project can be embedded into a dashboard page as an iframe, but it isn't a proper native object on that side of OBIEE.

At the moment DV projects have to be opened by people in the tool.

If your dataset isn't cached the DV project will run the queries required (not sure caching of dataset is already available in DV on 12c on-premises).

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Scheduling DV projects and data refresh in OBIEE 12c

Hi GIanni,

Thanks for the reply

Was this feature removed only after upgradation of visual analyzer to dv with the recent patching for obiee 12c.

This is a really disheartining limitation as this takes out such an important feature that any report /analysis created in dv cannot be scheduled and eveytime user has to login.

I thought of this as an alternative to Direct database request as in DDR we cannot do conidtional formating,so as an alternative i though i could create a report out of DV after creating a new connection and use colour coding over there in order to achieve this.I was able to create with colour coding in DV but the scheduling is not happening.SO it was a failed experiment

• 3. Re: Scheduling DV projects and data refresh in OBIEE 12c

Hi,

Tried and got an alternative.When we add a connection IN DV .it comes in list in OBIEE analytics page as well,SO for there you can create a normal BI report and schedule it.Hopefully the sql query whihc was used to fetch the dataset should get refreshed for every schedule run.

Then this will work for my requirement.

thanks ,

Nishu