1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 19, 2019 1:39 PM by SamHutchins-COSA

Can anybody share me a used case of Query Based Data Element?

Sagar Agarwal

Can anybody share me a used case of Query Based Data Element?

Thanks in Advance.

• 1. Re: Can anybody share me a used case of Query Based Data Element?
          SamHutchins-COSA

If you are asking about using the SYS Numeric Query Based data element then we use it on our Close Task Order BP.  We use a BP called Task Order to authorize work on our on-call contracts (material testing, environmental, JOC, etc.).  The Task Order has a reference to the PO Line BP that created the Schedule of Values.  To close a task order once you are done, open the BP and select the task order you want to close.  The BP calculates the remaining funds and determines if there are any invoices in routing.  The SYS Numeric Query Based data element is used to sum any changes that were authorized after the initial task order, sum the amount of the invoices with a status of complete and sum the amount of all invoices (no terminated or cancelled).  If the difference between the completed invoices and all invoices is not 0 you have an invoice in routing; don't let them submit the close task order (validation difference = 0).  The initial task order amount plus the any changes equals the total authorized amount minus the completed invoices equals the remaining amount.  Limitations are the SYS Numeric Query Based data element only works in the current shell, it can't cross shells.  Also limited to five SYS Numeric Query Based data elements per form.

1 person found this helpful