Yep, just create your new manager, create an inclusion specialization rule for the jobs you want to run on there, and then create an exclusion specialization rule on the Standard manager. Note - the latter will cause a bounce of the Standard manager, so make sure it's at a time that won't cause any issues.
I had similar activity done recently, below is a checklist from my side -
1. For Parent and Child programs, both need to be excluded from Standard Manager and included under newly created custom manager.
2. As you are moving Create Accounting to a new custom manager, please make sure you have right application chosen as there are multiple 'Create Accounting' programs for multiple modules like
- Subledger Accounting
- Process Manufacturing Financials
This again depends on modules implemented in your environment.
3. You can use below query after moving them to make sure the programs were executed by right manager -
set lines 1000
col USER_CONCURRENT_PROGRAM_NAME for a50
col USER_CONCURRENT_QUEUE_NAME for a25
select d.USER_CONCURRENT_PROGRAM_NAME,b.USER_CONCURRENT_QUEUE_NAME,c.REQUEST_ID from fnd_concurrent_processes a,fnd_concurrent_queues_vl b, fnd_concurrent_requests c,FND_CONCURRENT_PROGRAMS_TL d
where a.CONCURRENT_QUEUE_ID = b.CONCURRENT_QUEUE_ID
and a.CONCURRENT_PROCESS_ID = c.controlling_manager
and b.USER_CONCURRENT_QUEUE_NAME ='Custom Manager';
Sample Output –
USER_CONCURRENT_PROGRAM_NAME USER_CONCURRENT_QUEU REQUEST_ID
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------- ----------
GMF Period Close Process for Process Organizations Custom Manager 8406888
GMF Period Close Process for Process Organizations Custom Manager 8406890
GMF Period Close Process for Process Organizations Custom Manager 8406889
Collect Revenue Recognition Information Custom Manager 8406895
GMF Recreate Batch / Period Layers Custom Manager 8406891
Generate COGS Recognition Events Custom Manager 8406896
Record Order Management Transactions Custom Manager 8406894
OPM Actual Cost Program Custom Manager 8406892
4. Deciding on number of workers to be assigned for new custom manager will be very essential and that will depend upon maximum number of programs you are planning to run under it concurrently.
Thanks John and Maaz
Our current Standard Manager workers (actual/target) is 6.
We are planning to have 6 also for the separate Custom Create Accounting Manager.
How much memory does it incur for additional worker?
Additional workers should not take up memory unless you explicitly assign it at program level like as follows -
AWR memory advisories will help you analyze memory usage and then decide if you need to increase memory allocation.
I would recommend below document id to you which covers many aspects on tuning Create accounting.
R12 SLA/FAH: How to Improve Performance in Subledger Accounting & Financials Accounting Hub (Doc ID 791049.1)
when you create 6 workers , 6 managers (FNDLIBR) get started at Concurrent manager tier.
They would surely consume some memory. It may not be huge. However I would suggest you to monitor the memory usage post creation of new manager.
you may check the 'top' command at OS level to monitor memory usage.