2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2019 2:08 PM by mmajdana1

Drill from snapshot table to detail table

mmajdana1

Hi i am using OBIEE 12.1.2.0

Can please someone provide best practice for drill from snapshot table to detailed table.

Kr, Matija

• 1. Re: Drill from snapshot table to detail table
          Gianni Ceresa

mmajdana1 wrote:

Can please someone provide best practice for drill from snapshot table to detailed table.

What would be a "best practice" for drill?

Is this related to Drill through analysis from two fact tables  ?

Drill in OBIEE isn't drill, it's navigation: if you perform a "drill" from an aggregate summary view to a detailed view of something that's your own meaning. For OBIEE it's just a navigation between a source and a destination.

If you want to benefit from what OBIEE can do automatically, the tool will pass the values of some of the columns of the source to the destination. If you set them as filters in the destination, OBIEE will filter for those values.

Like everything when related to OBIEE columns it's the formula which matters: OBIEE does a 1-to-1 mapping between the same formulas. You change even just a single thing in one of the 2 formulas (source or destination) and they aren't the same anymore, OBIEE will not be able to pass that value.

That's in few words how OBIEE navigation works.

On top you obviously have the manual URL navigation, which is just like if you enter the URL in the browser yourself: obviously you have to do everything by hand for this one.

• 2. Re: Drill from snapshot table to detail table
            mmajdana1

Thx, for your reply, and yes this is related to the Drill through analysis from two fact tables  .

I managed to do what i needed, however it is quite difficult to explain my requirement here, but i really appreciate your contribution.

Kr, Matija