in the data which you are fetching is containing the special characters like & and other special characters.
You need to remove those by using the special character removing functions in your query.
Yes, there are special characters.
But the requirement is to generate report inclusive of the special characters.
Your Data Definition file which you are using to generate data should be starting as below What is the encoding you are using.?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252" ?>
Thank you , i will try by using WINDOWS-1252
I was using
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
Using WINDOWS-1252 , did not solve the issue.
I still have the Invalid Character error.
I see that along with special characters , there are foreign languages in the data like Mandarain, Arabic and Herbew as we are executing the report for all orgs.
Also , I tried to use encoding UTF-16 , but then it throws error while uploading the data definition.
The file should be in XML-DATA-TEMPLATE format.
Sometimes there are chances that issue(may be with one or two special character) in data might be causing this;
1. How big is the data set you are trying to use.? Are there multiple records in it in your test data.
2. Did you try running for smaller data volume specifically for one or two records.
3. Goal of 1 and 2 above is to find if this issue is happening due to specific character or two, which is causing the report to end in warning.
4. As you might be aware, XML Publisher installation, provides 'BI Publisher Template Viewer', This can be used to validate the data template and previewing the data output. Without having to run the report multiple times.
5. Refer this https://community.oracle.com/thread/2985814 as this is talking about patches on XDK.(to make sure you are on latest one)
Hope this helps.