3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2019 5:14 PM by Marc Houle -Oracle

Unable to find supplier user with cloud account in OSN.

Hi,

I am Unable to find supplier user in OSN that already has FA cloud account.

I am unable to find this under OSN >> Admin >> Users >> Search.

Since the user has cloud account I believe I should not use Outside Users (even though its a supplier user).

But still I went ahead and did a New User and I got below error

XXX: User 'XXX' was not found in expected external realm.

• 1. Re: Unable to find supplier user with cloud account in OSN.
          Marc Houle -Oracle

The search in the Admin UI will only return people who have had accounts created in OSN (i.e. they were manually added, have access to OSN and logged in, or were invited to join by another user (if allowed)). Anyone who has an Oracle Cloud account, is provisioned in FA, and is an employee will be able to login to OSN without needing to be added.

Suppliers, in general, are supposed to be added as Outside Users, since they should only have access to content they were explicitly added to. As an example, as an external user, they should not be able to take part in internal public conversations. Having said that, if you really do want your suppliers to be able to join as internal people, you can add their domain to the Employee Whitelist in the "Extended Collaboration" tab of the Admin UI.

• 2. Re: Unable to find supplier user with cloud account in OSN.

Thanks Marc. Also wanted to check if OSN supports sending to and from Attachments along with conversations with External users ?

• 3. Re: Unable to find supplier user with cloud account in OSN.
              Marc Houle -Oracle

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by sending to/from attachments. What I can say is that Outside Users have access to all the attachments within the conversations they have access to. So if you add an Outside User to a conversation, they can collaborate in that conversation like all the other members: post messages, reply to posts, like messages, flag others for follow-up, add attachments, annotate documents, etc.

1 person found this helpful