1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2019 1:04 PM by Dude!

New Oracle Sign-On?

Dude!

withdrawn.

• 1. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
          EdStevens

Dude! wrote:

withdrawn.

Not sure what you withdrew, but one thing I noticed was that as part of the overall 'look', they apparently changed the default fonts .. to something that doesn't render as nicely only either my linux laptop or my Win10 workstation.  Looks like another change for change's sake.

• 2. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
            Dude!

Looking at the strange background, missing Oracle logo and unusual color appearance, I was wondering whether the sign-on was indeed Oracle or someone else fishing for logins. With all the fakes, one better proceeds with caution when something looks unusual and without prior notice.

I withdrew the post because oracle.com uses the same fashion, hence making it more likely legitimate, and I did not want to raise a false alarm.

• 3. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
              Dude!

It appears the patchwork background was removed again and replaced with the usual Oracle HQ. I wonder why the new design, including oracle.com, removed the company logo. I suppose we can now rename the Groundbreaker community to Cloudbreaker, for closer topic alignment.

• 4. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
                EdStevens

I missed that the logo was misssing.  Who puts up a corporate, customer facing portal web page and doesn't include the coprorate logo?  (Well, I guess now we know who ....)

• 5. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
                  Timo Hahn

I just get

when I opened an Oracle page. So, Oracle is redesigning the web pages.

Timo

• 6. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
                    Dude!

It looks like the oval represents the corporate web logo:

• 7. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
                      Dude!

I miss the times when web designers used words instead of ambiguous signs and symbols. I also think mouse-over is bad design when necessary to make decisions or retrieve important information - many devices browsing the web do not have a mouse.

• 8. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
                        EdStevens

Dude! wrote:

I miss the times when web designers used words instead of ambiguous signs and symbols. I also think mouse-over is bad design when necessary to make decisions or retrieve important information - many devices browsing the web do not have a mouse.

re: mouse-over .... especially when the sensitive area is directly in the path of common mouse movements.  Oracle's sites (especially these forums) seem to be the worst about throwing interfering (and often hard to clear) pop-ups when my mouse flies past a hot-spot on the way from point A to point B.

• 9. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
                          Dude!

That happens to me also when I roll over the hamburger menu. At least the menu in oracle.com requires a click. The oval is actually more intuitive when used as a home button, as opposed to clicking on the Oracle logo, but I think the company logo should be there too.

• 10. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
                            Dude!

Turns out there is a different background depending on the browser.

Firefox:

Safari:

• 11. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
                              Timo Hahn

Wait until Monday or Tuesday and hear what Larry tells us about this.

There will be an announcement about this.

Timo

• 12. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
                                EdStevens

I think it's more than just which browser ..

Here's my Firefox, on Ubuntu, FWIW,  no background graphic at all.

• 13. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
                                  Timo Hahn

7Ok0xumWfNWaYPwQ4GfaYRTWz_RNcB4bbNffqHT9Zp29PqefNcDfoLmAKbwQjyO1VGMsXUfcISuYJRP9GpXgGux2-k0bTXLkfdzDzfLB_B8AjXKuNo1yD1WyVE1RQvSfUxRCOPH18e856mBFGN0u15IHYIPyrH9p4yLG9DP8kxZtdmzfEnGttNiD_lE1JQ6f-U_R3GIhy7IS1dlU6D1kRLj_Erja-25G_66rjIUWwqu3y3paWcZkkzCqnWKb-i8BAxcMCE50mJMEK-2k5edDrFRf3QZBj32YkeilEXabnMb2cgUtLeWqnNvbhsd_QGFMSAYyUjpwlACaOJFBRIefkSkxekB3S0J21M-9k2t_Su7EZTXKs67R8tFZGPZJuRK_lWlj2sGnTVqKt-lh4qt8dHkWXJlE-cvVYATecmPM_taBTTWoLG4jS1NNRRrfdS_DwMP9pXr7t74gYEGQ4Q6FClZXRNTYty97rkpS1dX3YLnXzwwEwkiiFvcGB1Ko_48DfSiE4hq0PvKku2RaQat-KDE5SmGRAKitOK5NYNcKudZjRTCWC16mzQakAy1MOGf46nYR2Vk8tVRlnsHeyD4ScjouZ2PbV3MPgU6BFChvcbd4j14RdE_nEqIt6pQz-Bd00DPhstWFcw6HPsCCYUS8JAUwF0BHll5hePpEcaOo-6M6oRJ7fLZZ8g=w3292-h1319-no

Looks like Oracle changes the overall branding a bit. This image I made from the OOW registration. Most of the red stuff we saw outside around OOW is gone too.

Timo

• 14. Re: New Oracle Sign-On?
                                    Dude!

I'd say that's only lipstick, but what really matters are costs, exceptional support, and licensing polices. Oracle has a lot more competition in the database sector today than compared to 10 years ago. Oracle also suggests that customers want cloud and autonomous - so if you don't, should you better find a different vendor? Think Autonomous and the new logo reminds me of Apple's Think Different, but which involved famous celebrities and not AI. The later does not have friends only and raises some public controversy or disagreement.

1 2 Previous Next