3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2019 8:56 AM by JorgeMFerreira

dyndns DNS Standard (with dynamic hosts) migration to Oracle cloud.

JorgeMFerreira

Hello there.

I had read and read and read FAQ's etc and i have some questions that i could not find answers, may be your case too...

I have 3 domains in dyndns standard DNS services. They are payed until August 2020 (domain name registration and domain services).

The first problem i found:

In the migration "manual" they say that we need to create an account (new) to Oracle by visiting "account signup page". Once i get there i started to click Next, pre-selected "Pay As You Go"... Now the first problem is that i am from Portugal ... Europe zone. The country/Territory does not provide my zone/country. I select U.S.A. just to try next... and then in Account Details i could not fill the address because Home Region (nearest) is Germany Central... Then my ZIP/Postal Code do not match the real one... and i have no "State" to select. I have mobile number that i could select "Portugal (351)" tough...

Now how do i going to migrate my services if i can't create an account for the "Oracle Cloud account" ?

Why just Oracle does not stay the currently working service intact and let the other people to use it or choose the newest Oracle services ?

If i have to move the domains from dyndns account i do i get refund of the early months ?

We use dynamic IP in some of our peers, so i/we choosed dyndns for a 10 years (or more).

This is by no meaning a joke... it is going to make big problems to smaller companies / customers like my self (one of my account is an school and will impact about 2000 users...)

Please excuse my bad "english".

• 1. Re: dyndns DNS Standard (with dynamic hosts) migration to Oracle cloud.
          RotBlitz

Now the first problem is that i am from Portugal ... Europe zone. The country/Territory does not provide my zone/country.

It does for me.  Why not for you?

This is by no meaning a joke...

Are you sure?

Why just Oracle does not stay the currently working service intact and let the other people to use it or choose the newest Oracle services ?

If i have to move the domains from dyndns account i do i get refund of the early months ?

I'm a user and cannot answer these questions.  You must refer to support or wait for Mike from Oracle to pick this up.

We use dynamic IP in some of our peers, so i/we choosed dyndns for a 10 years (or more).

Before you are going to use Oracle Cloud, ensure that you can use their update API.  This is different from the legacy one for Dyn.  If you cannot support this Oracle Cloud API, you may need to look for another Dynamic DNS service where you can use their API instead.

• 2. Re: dyndns DNS Standard (with dynamic hosts) migration to Oracle cloud.
            JorgeMFerreira

It does for me.  Why not for you?

That is why:

wtg_cant_find.png

I am a software developper. I could write a program to update the hosts once Oracle give us API protocol interface.

And i am sure that i am not giving a joke on this.

Best regards.

• 3. Re: dyndns DNS Standard (with dynamic hosts) migration to Oracle cloud.
              JorgeMFerreira

I make an error when i wrote "If i have to move the domains from dyndns account i do i get refund of the early months ?"

What i meant is "lastly months", beyond  the forced service termination by Oracle.

To RotBlitz - i finally created the OCI account - it was possible by browsing the oraclecloud. Note for others: It is needed to insert payment check for validity - but they say that they will not do any payment to the card. I created one small virtualcard (visa mbnet) to that... i do not trust the use of real credit cards in the Internet.

Now i will try to find where the hell is the DNS management ...

Oracle need to define better what is "pay as you go" compared to dyndns services prices ... in real context. I am too dumb to understand those numbers just by "pay as you go".

We had an yearly price of $60 ... what it conjugates to OCI DNS ?

And i will stay in dyndns standard managed system until they decide to clarify about dynamic IP DNS to domain hosts and if they release API to community develop such code modifications to programs that update IP on this.