3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2019 2:53 PM by sbeck-Oracle

registering functions from 1 db to another db using a link

clifford_d

Created a pl/sql function in database A and have registered it in admin layer.  Now we need to register the same function in database B.

The function has been shared to database B via a db link, but can't seem to see it in database B to register it.

Any suggestions ?  

• 1. Re: registering functions from 1 db to another db using a link
          mrigg

I haven't actually done that, but in the Register Functions dialog in Discoverer Admin, there's a drop down for "Database Link".  Can you change that to "database A" instead of "Default Database"?  Then when you select import, does the function show up in the list?

• 2. Re: registering functions from 1 db to another db using a link
            clifford_d

tried that.  Did not work.

• 3. Re: registering functions from 1 db to another db using a link
              sbeck-Oracle

You mention you are unable to see the function in Database B.  Do you mean from other than Discoverer Administration (Admin), using another tool?

I am not clear on exactly what you are attempting to do.  I can say that you cannot have two Functions registered by the same name.

Regards,
              Sharon

Premier support for Discoverer 11g ended June 2014.  Version 11.1.1.7.0 is the final / terminal release of the Discoverer product.  Discoverer is under sustaining support, which limits our ability to assist you.  Please review the alert section at the bottom of this update.

Discoverer is at end of life.  Any software update (OS, browser, Java, WLS, EBS, etc.) released after June 2014 has not specifically been certified or tested and may cause issues for Discoverer.  Therefore, it is important to maintain a stable Discoverer environment for as long as it takes to move to OBIEE or other replacement.