1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2019 11:38 AM by L. Fernigrini

Random inbox

EdStevens

Looks like the infamous 'random inbox generator' is back .....

Anyone else experiencing this?

• 1. Re: Random inbox
          L. Fernigrini

Yes, but If I just unmark the option to just see unread items, it seems to work...

• 2. Re: Random inbox
            BluShadow

Yep, been seeing it too.

• 3. Re: Random inbox
              EdStevens

And it continues . . .

repeated clicking of the 'Inbox' link produces, in no particular order

- A count > zero, but no listings (as shown above)

- A count of zero but with a listing of 'read' items

- A count of zero but with a listing of 'unread' items.

Why does this keep cropping up, each time after supposedly getting fixed?

• 4. Re: Random inbox
                L. Fernigrini

Groundbreakers site works in Mysterious Ways :-)

• 5. Re: Random inbox
                  Franck N

Yes,

same for me since last week. maybe it´s an intended feature we never know haha.

anyways let' s wait and see how long it will go on like this ....

• 6. Re: Random inbox
                    EdStevens

Franck N wrote:

Yes,

same for me since last week. maybe it´s an intended feature we never know haha.

anyways let' s wait and see how long it will go on like this ....

Well, just in case anyone who can actually take it up with the powers that be is reading, we are now into Day Four and it's worse.  I will say that my inbox is no longer random.  Now it reports zero unread messages, and lists zero messages.  But this is first thing in the morning, when I haven't logged on for well over 12 hours and I would normally see 20+ new messages.

• 7. Re: Random inbox
                      L. Fernigrini

Try selecting the inbox link 2 / 3 / 4 times, unread messages will appear.

It's quite annoying having to do this, but at least after 2-3 intents the inbox seems to work (obvioulsy, next time I refresh it the problem arises again and have to try 2-3 more times)

• 8. Re: Random inbox
                        EdStevens

L. Fernigrini wrote:

Try selecting the inbox link 2 / 3 / 4 times, unread messages will appear.

It's quite annoying having to do this, but at least after 2-3 intents the inbox seems to work (obvioulsy, next time I refresh it the problem arises again and have to try 2-3 more times)

Right after posting my previous message, with inbox still insisting there was no new content, I logged off and back on.  At that point I at least got back to the random inbox where, yes, with multiple clicks on the inbox icon I can at least get some content sometime.

• 9. Re: Random inbox
                          Gianni Ceresa

Not only the inbox, the "news" page too. It looks like many of the forum servers are out of sync (or I'm just sent to the bad server most of the time). It takes me 10-12 refresh to finally see the current inbox / new page, but most of the time I see a "cached" copy of 4 days ago.

Can somebody "turn it off and on" again to fix the issue?

• 10. Re: Random inbox
                            Jim-D

Gianni Ceresa - I have having sporatic issues with the "news" page yesterday, and today the "news" page erroneously showed I wasn't subscribed to anything.

I logged out and cleared by Chrome browser cache, and now it looks like the issue is resolved.

UPDATE: After responding to a few posts and refreshing my "news" page a few more times, I'm back to seeing the "Emptyville" graphic.  :-(

• 11. Re: Random inbox
                              Christian Berg

+1 News page is completely shot for me. No way of seeing new posts in subscribed forums.

Cache didn't solve it on Chrome or FF

• 12. Re: Random inbox
                                Stefan Jager

On and off. Sometimes it's completely messed up, sometimes it shows (more or less) correct.

10 minutes ago it said I had 1 unread item, but the inbox said "nothing to display" and didn't show any messages.

• 13. Re: Random inbox
                                  EdStevens

Day 5 now.  MOSC is infected as well.  Either site is on the verge of being totally unusable, and I've not seen any evidence of anyone working on a fix.  I'd think this would be a big embarrassment for Oracle.  But maybe their only concern any more is driving customers to the cloud . . . .

• 14. Re: Random inbox
                                    Gianni Ceresa

EdStevens wrote:

But maybe their only concern any more is driving customers to the cloud . . . .

With a not working forum hosted in their cloud, their marketing is following some weird theories ...

But yeah, not a single post from somebody at Oracle doesn't sound right, except if everything works for them (the magic of their own internal proxy pointing to the only working server?).

1 2 Previous Next