6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2019 11:51 PM by Dude!

Oracle 18c Express Edition installation

dmneylon

I'm reaching out for some support with my Oracle 18c Express Edition installation. I have spent a full week or more on this now and can't get anywhere. I eventually managed to successfully install Oracle 18c through an elevated cmd prompt bypassing prerequisites for local admin. The next step is to open SQL Plus and login in to start creating a DB connection. When using the password I supplied at installation and username: system, I get the following error:

ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

Listener status:

Instance "CLRExtProc", status UNKNOWN

I can't get any straightforward explanation of my issue. It seems like there is some issue with the installation of all services. I have restarted PC, tried again, same issue, uninstalled Oracle 18c, reinstalled and then restarted several times but to no avail. When I search the errors they seem to be a common occurence but the resolution is unclear, if any resolution is given at all. It seems most likely I should be looking at listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files but what I have to edit I have no idea. I can't undestand how it is so difficult to install and setup this software and so many people are posting similar issues but no clear explanation in any Oracle installation documentation.

Can you support me?