2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2008 4:27 AM by 660468 RSS

Desktop Sharing - Web conferencing

Question:
      Is there a way to disable the desktop sharing feature within Oracle web conferencing?

In a live web conference this is invoked by clicking on the mouse icon on the top bar and then the requestor can get control of host's desktop. I was wondering if there was a way to disable this button/icon or the service in some way.

Note that file sharing is still required and other such features are still required.

Thanks.

Message was edited by:
      OCS_new
        • 1. Re: Desktop Sharing - Web conferencing
          What you refer to is sharing control of the presenter's mouse and keyboard. (Desktop sharing is merely showing the presenter's desktop to others.)

I am not a programmer so I can't tell you whether the control sharing can be disabled or not. But, why would you want to do that? It is disabled until the given presenter shares the control of his mouse and keyboard.
          • 2. Re: Desktop Sharing - Web conferencing
            Yes web conferencing is becoming popular day by day. It is one of the best and convenient way to talk with audio and video impacts. These days everyone is using web conferencing to remove the distances far apart.

http://www.rhubcom.com/