5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2019 6:17 AM by Pablo Andres Duarte

Domain registration blocked

Our domain registration got blocked at friday without warning. I have never faced this issue since I have been using dyn for 8 years. Since my domain registration was blocked on friday, I tried to contact dyn support, well it looks like they are not operating on weekends.

I have sent tickets through https://account.dyn.com/support/contact/ I expected an automated reply but I did not get any response, so I also sent an email directly to dyn's support team. Ticket ID: #01154170

I still have not gotten any response from dyn's team after waiting for roughly 24 hours. I have also tried calling dyn's phone support but instead of speaking to their support team, I was redirected to another automated voice message which again was asking for details on the issue.

Well since I had no luck with dyn's support, I went through their FAQ to understand what could of went wrong if a domain registration is blocked.

it could of happened due the misconfiguration of my webserver which is the actual case. I went through my webserver and cloudflare logs and I noticed many false positive logs for a malicious behavior. This error has occur because my company's technical team has misconfingured the webserver.

The webserver misconfiguration has already been rectified, now we would like the support team to unblock our domain as this issue has caused a 72 hour downtime and counting. I am honestly dissapointed with dyn's support centre. I remember about 5 years back, I was very impressed with dyn's support centre. However now, dyn's customer service quality has dropped alot. Other registras are providing 24 hours support with live chat, why is dyn not doing the same?

• 1. Re: Domain registration blocked
          Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle

Hi 4121595, I've reached out to our support team on your behalf with your ticket number. A member of the team should be in touch regarding it.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

• 2. Re: Domain registration blocked

Thank you, I have received a reply from your customer support.

I have sent an email to respond the inquiry, the current ticket id is 01153549
            Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle

Can you inform your support team to respond on my ticket?

I would like to move my domain to another registrar,

the options to move my domain out is currently unavailable.

• 3. Re: Domain registration blocked

I have sent a response to your support team 6 hours ago regarding our domain transfer, however
              I have yet to receive any reply from your team. Ticket id: 01153549, 01155229.

• 4. Re: Domain registration blocked
                Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle

Hi 4121595, I will follow up with the support team regarding your ticket. Please note submitting multiple tickets for the same issue will not expedite response time.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

• 5. Re: Domain registration blocked
                  Pablo Andres Duarte

Hi michael I hope that you can help too

Our domain registration got blocked I have been using dyn for 8 years. I supossed to be a VIP Client  I tried to contact dyn support, well it looks like theyare migrating to dyn and is imposible to contact them, I have sent tickets through https://account.dyn.com/support/contact/ I expected an automated reply but I did not get any response, so I also sent an email directly to dyn's support team. Ticket ID: #01166566

I still have not gotten any response from dyn's team after waiting for roughly 24 hours. I have also tried calling dyn's phone support but instead of speaking to their support team, I was redirected to another automated voice message which again was telling me to leave my name and issue.

Well since I had no luck with dyn's support, now we would like the support team to unblock our domain as this issue has caused a 72 hour downtime and counting. I am honestly dissapointed with dyn's support centre. I remember about 5 years back, I was very impressed with dyn's support centre. However now, dyn's customer service quality has dropped alot. Other registras are providing 24 hours support with live chat, why is dyn not doing the same?