0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2019 7:35 PM by GleannFia

Oracle 12c - External Tables (Datapump Driver) Linux-x86_64: Error 13: Permission denied

GleannFia

Hi,

Database: Oracle 12c EE 12.1.0.2.0-64bit running on Linux x86_64 OS

I'm getting OS errors when I'm writing out External Table files from queries using the ORACLE_DATAPUMP driver

e.g. CREATE TABLE … ORGANIZATION EXTERNAL (TYPE ORACLE_DATAPUMP … LOCATION … PARALLEL 4 REJECT LIMIT 0 AS … SELECT <columns> from <tables> where … etc

My program is basically trying to extract data from a source system by querying various source tables and loading that data into External Table files using the ORACLE_DATAPUMP driver.

The code had been working fine for months but started falling over recently at different points in the process (i.e. different External Tables) with errors as follows:

First Error Type

ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLEPOPULATE callout

ORA-19502: write error on file …. block number 514 (block size=4096)

ORA-27061: waiting for async I/Os failed

Linux-x86_64 Error: 13: Permission denied

Second Error Type

ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLECLOSE callout

ORA-31643: unable to close dump file ...

ORA-27052: unable to flush file data

Linux-x86_64 Error: 13: Permission denied

The DBA had a look at permissions and said everything looked fine?

Tablespace Encryption had been implemented around the time this started falling over so that's maybe more than just a coincidence

but before I suggest to the DBA to remove it temporarily, does anybody have any ideas as to what is the cause of this problem or have you seen something similar before?

Note, I got this same issue when I pointed to a different Oracle Directory and loaded less data so it doesn't appear to be space-related but I could be wrong.

I'm not a DBA or Sys Admin so I won't be able to access the Linux box myself but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.