2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2019 1:56 PM by 1812359

FixItFast - "moduleHelper" - any documentation on this?

Hi,

I have been trying to use the FixItFast demo app to guide me on my path of using JET and creating my own items. I am getting really hung up on the use of the moduleHelper. It seems to be a separate included .js file and its heavily used for example when you select an incident and are presented with the tabs to edit it. No matter how long I start at the code I just can't seem to make sense of it. Is there any documentation or anything like that on this module Helper? There is nothing that I can find anywhere. I am assuming this is the most efficient to accomplish this type of task so I would like to understand it.

• 1. Re: FixItFast - "moduleHelper" - any documentation on this?
          Anand Nath-Oracle

moduleHelper is just a bunch of helper methods which uses the standard oj-module and oj-module-element. It helps in setting up an oj-module, setup its caching and animations. This is just an effort to consolidate all module creation logic in one place rather than spread it out across VMs and nothing more. It's not a standard API. It works on some naming conventions. You can say that it uses some kind of "reflection" (more synonymous to Java reflection, but not directly related to ES6 reflection APIs). Looking at its usages should make it easier to understand. Will try to provide more documentation on this file in the next release.

• 2. Re: FixItFast - "moduleHelper" - any documentation on this?

Thanks for the reply.

I am really struggling trying to get my header the router / routing in an application. I've studied the starter templates, fixitfast and the cookbook / various blogs but things just aren't sticking and working for me.

My main goal is this:
            Default navigation between modules which works fine based on the starter template. However, I am having trouble finding consistent examples using child routers. Nothing seems to quite show how to pass the $parent parameters in, I have tried to mix and match some different things and modifed the loadModule but that didnt seem to work. Essentially I want to be able to do the following:

Main navigation:
            Module1, Module2, Module3

Sub Navigation:
            Module1 -> Module1a, Module1b

Module2 -> Module2a, Module2b

So when you are inside Module 1 there is something like a tab bar / select one choice and based on that the user is directed towards module1a, module1b, which have their own view/viewmodule. However, I still want "Module 1" to be selected in the main navigation view but allow the user some back buttons so they navigate back to main view if needed.

The fixitfast seems to be the only one I can see that does it similar but then it doesnt follow a lot of the same methods as some of the other examples so really got confused on best approach.