Hi Vinay 1110
Your thread was moved to product team
We have done the customization to AP Invoice Approval Workflow (APINVAPR). We simply took backup of standard Workflow and stored in backup of our local systems and directly done the changes on top of the standard only.
So, first you need to find out
1. Are you ok to modify directly the standard workflow itself (Same as I done)
2. Replace the standard with custom name like XX and also replace the standard workflow name with custom name at all the places it is being used. Also, place the custom workflow at the same place where the standard is placed (in server)
To download the standard workflow we can do in different ways
1. Open the workflow builder, connect to database. Then it will show all the available Workflows on right side. Then select the one you need, drag to left and click on Ok. Then save it in your local system once it is downloaded
I always preferred this option
2. Run the Workflow Definitions Loader Program (From Sys Admin Resp.) with mode: Download, File: Where you want to download (along with file name), Item Type: Workflow Name. Then the workflow will get downloaded at that place. The same we can use to upload.
But, I am facing an issue while doing customizing the standard workflow which I downloaded using this program (seems some setups need to be changed)
3. You can use the below commands to download the workflow from server
WFLOAD apps/<apps_pwd> 0 Y UPLOAD <file_name>.wft
WFLOAD apps/<apps_pwd> 0 Y DOWNLOAD <file_name>.wft <Item_Type>
Whatever the option you selected to download the Workflow, you need to customize using Workflow Builder tool only.
Mark my answer as helpful/correct if it helped you in any way
. Replace the standard with custom name like XX and also replace the standard workflow name with custom name at all the places it is being used. Also, place the custom workflow at the same place where the standard is placed (in server) >>> If we replace the name of standard workflow name how system will understand which workflow should call std call or custom
Actually we done this when I am almost a fresher in IT career and at that time none of the team is aware of how to do this. Also, when I raised Oracle SR, they didn't updated properly for long time.
As our customization is very small, we customized the standard one itself (And ofcourse, we took the backup of standard one before updating it)
But, still my question is how to find out where the workflow is being used. For example, if I need to customize APINVAPR (AP Invoice Approval Workflow),
1. How can I find out at what places it is being used
2. Where we need to place the custom workflow in server and
3. How to make the application to fetch the custom one instead of standard one
Thanks and Regards,
Similarly, is there anyway to update for AP Workflow (APINVAPR). What you shown is for PO Approval Workflow, we are looking for AP Workflow
Thanks in Advance,
Hi This is for po workflows for other dont have such options correct? We need to save direct standard workflow right
sorry no idea
I think what you have been seeking is this document:
How to create a custom copy of the seeded Purchasing PO Approval Workflow POAPPRV (Doc ID 1270010.1)
Notice in step 4 you can set the Approval Workflow value.
I hope this document provides the confirmation you were seeking.
Thanks. Is the case of AP approval any setup required to replace custom workflow?
I think that in the case of any approval, that there will be some customization needed to accomplish it. This could be to the standard process, but usually it is recommended to keep the standard process as is and make a custom process so that you will always have the default process.
In any case, do you have access to the MOSC AP community? You may want to create a thread there, or even log a new SR.