7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2019 10:59 AM by Eslam_Elbyaly

Selected value on a Grid

Javier Porrata

Hi,

Using Apex 19.2

What is the selected value when a row in a grid is selected with the APEX$ROW_SELECTOR

Capture.JPG

I assume that the CHKBX column is the selector since APEX$ROW_SELECTOR was said to be invalid

Thanks,

Javier

• 1. Re: Selected value on a Grid
          Eslam_Elbyaly

If you need to do an action for selected rows you can get them through the getSelectedRecords api.

• 2. Re: Selected value on a Grid
            Javier Porrata

Thanks Eslam for your reply.

What I need is to be able to disable rows based on if is selected or not.  

I want all rows disable so the user can't click on any column unless the row is selected.

• 3. Re: Selected value on a Grid
              Eslam_Elbyaly

How would you plan to prevent user from editing a record when he is the one to disable/enable it?!

Tell me what exactly you're trying to do(The real world situation). 

• 4. Re: Selected value on a Grid
                Natalie G

Javier Porrata wrote:

I want all rows disable so the user can't click on any column unless the row is selected.

I don't think you can do that from within the framework. Apex mediates all DA events, and I don't find any Apex equivalent to `preventDefault` or `stopPropagation`. You'll have to add your own DOM event handler. Define a DOM `clilck` handler to the Page `Function and Global Variable Declaration`

var selectedOnly = false;

function clickCatcher (browserEvent) {
                    if (!window.selectedOnly) return;

var tr = browserEvent.target.closest('tr');
                    if (tr && !tr.classList.contains('is-selected')) {
                      browserEvent.stopPropagation();
                    }
                };

attach an event listener in `Execute when Page Loads`

document.getElementById('my_ig')
                        .addEventListener('click', clickCatcher, true);
                //document.getElementById('my_ig').removeEventListener('click', clickCatcher, true);

and set `window.selectedOnly` to true when you want to block clicks on rows that are not selected.

Now some bad news: (1) In 19.1 you'll still lose the selection when you cllck on a selected row. (2) You can still navigate to an unselected row using the keyboard. (We're only blocking clicks here.)

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Selected value on a Grid
                  Javier Porrata

Hi Eslam,

What I would like to be able to do is having a bunch of unpaid invoices be able to apply payments to more than one invoice with one check.

I need to select the invoices I want to pay and from a button be able to go through the selected invoices.

The problem is that when selecting the invoices if the user clicks a column other than the checkbox all the selected invoices get unselected. That is what I want to avoid.

Thanks Eslam

• 6. Re: Selected value on a Grid
                    Javier Porrata

Thanks Natalie for your help!!

• 7. Re: Selected value on a Grid
                      Eslam_Elbyaly

You can disable all columns through a "Selection Change" dynamic action. And that's after checking that there are more than one row checked using getSelectedRecords() api and "length" array property.

1 person found this helpful