1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2019 8:24 PM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle

problem taking Java SE 8 Programmer I 1Z0-808

Hi everyone. My name is abed and I am from Iran.

I'm going to take the Java SE 8 Programmer 1 1Z0-808 from http://www.pearsonvue.com/oracle website, and a test center in Turkey.

When I choose the exam, I got this error message:

sc.png

Finally, I have figured out that the problem is Iran in my profile address. Because Iran is one of the embargo countries. when I change the country, there is no error.

can anyone help me can I choose another country for the address.

Thanks a lot.

• 1. Re: problem taking Java SE 8 Programmer I 1Z0-808
          Brandye Barrington-Oracle

Hi Abed,

Here is our export restrictions policy. If you have citizenship in a different country, there is a possibility that you could register for this exam. If you are still living in Iran, you will not be able to take any Oracle Certification exams at this time. I am sorry.

Export Restrictions Policy

In accordance with U.S. trade laws and regulations, the following conditions apply to candidates who are nationals of countries under U.S. restriction (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria):

• We cannot directly or indirectly accept payment from, nor directly or indirectly deliver exams to candidates residing in export restricted countries.
          • We cannot directly or indirectly accept payment from, nor directly or indirectly deliver exams to candidates who are nationals of export restricted countries, wherever located.
          • If a national of an export restricted country registers for the exam at a test center in an authorized country, with an address in an authorized country, and arrives at the test center with an ID from an export restricted country, the candidate will be turned away and forfeit the exam fee.
          • Case-by-case consideration may be given to permanent residents who are living outside the export restricted country.
            • If a candidate is a national of an export restricted country and has permanent residence outside that country, the candidate may request an exemption by contacting Oracle Certification Support and providing a copy of a valid ID confirming the new permanent resident status.
            • The candidate must provide two IDs at the test center, neither of which can contain an address in the export restricted country. One must be a government-issued ID from the new country of residence, confirming the candidate's permanent resident status. Both IDs must contain the candidate's signature.
            • Please note, that though there are provisions for permanent residents, export licensing requirements may still apply, so even if the candidate has permanent residence outside of an export restricted country, we may not be able to allow the candidate to take a certification exam, or be able to provide the candidate with a certificate.
            • These requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis according to presiding US law.