9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2019 2:45 PM by adiverma

2 out of 4 oacores are not getting any load

adiverma

Dear All. we have 4 oacores 2 on each node in 12.2.7. I can see 4 oacores in weblogic console also context files on 2 nodes but if I see the load there is 0 load in one oacore on each node. what is the issue? 1 and 2 oacores are fine but 3 and 4 are not having any load. Regards, Adi

• 1. Re: 2 out of 4 oacores are not getting any load
          Mohammed Ali A. Syed

Hi,

If you have two application nodes, did you configure load balancer ?

Without a load balancer the request will always goto one node

Thanks

• 2. Re: 2 out of 4 oacores are not getting any load
            VishnuVinnakota

Hi,

Just to confirm that the OACOREs are correctly configured, Set the RUN environment and execute below in each application node. I hope the commands work since I tried to check based on my environment . Can you tell which document did you follow to add the OACORE? Whats the Load Balancer you are using? DNS or Hardware such as F5 etc.?

• grep -i oacore_server_ports $CONTEXT_FILE
            • grep -i WebLogicCluster $FMW_HOME/webtier/instances/EBS_web_OHS1/config/OHS/EBS_web/mod_wl_ohs.conf|head -2
            • grep -i WebLogicCluster $FMW_HOME/webtier/instances/EBS_web_OHS2/config/OHS/EBS_web/mod_wl_ohs.conf|head -2

Thanks,

Vishnu

https://vishnu.ae

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: 2 out of 4 oacores are not getting any load
              Kanda-Oracle

Hi

Can you please share how did you add Managed Servers?

I Just wanted to share that 'Managed Server' creation/deletion should be done only through the adProvisionEBS.pl script  . Hope you did not be creat from the WebLogic Server Administration Console.

Steps for adding and removing managed servers are provided on Doc ID 1905593.1

Hope this helps!

Thanks

• 4. Re: 2 out of 4 oacores are not getting any load
                adiverma

Dear. please see command output below. why there are only 1 and 2 oacore in cluuster?

[applprod@prodapp1 ~]$ grep -i WebLogicCluster $FMW_HOME/webtier/instances/EBS_web_OHS1/config/OHS/EBS_web/mod_wl_ohs.conf|head -2

# WebLogicCluster - List of member server and port in server:port,server1:port1 format

WebLogicCluster prodapp1.xxxx.com:7201,prodapp2.xxxx.com:7201

[applprod@prodapp2 ~]$ grep -i WebLogicCluster $FMW_HOME/webtier/instances/EBS_web_OHS2/config/OHS/EBS_web/mod_wl_ohs.conf|head -2

# WebLogicCluster - List of member server and port in server:port,server1:port1 format

[applprod@prodapp1 ~]$ grep oacore_server_ports $CONTEXT_FILE

<oacore_server_ports oa_var="s_oacore_server_ports">oacore_server1:7201,oacore_server3:7203</oacore_server_ports>

[applprod@prodapp2 ~]$ grep oacore_server_ports $CONTEXT_FILE

<oacore_server_ports oa_var="s_oacore_server_ports">oacore_server2:7201,oacore_server4:7203</oacore_server_ports>

We are using F5 load balancer. This is the hardware load balancer. Regards, Adi.

• 5. Re: 2 out of 4 oacores are not getting any load
                  adiverma

Dear kanda. We used same document. we did not use weblogic console to create.

• 6. Re: 2 out of 4 oacores are not getting any load
                    Kanda-Oracle

Hi

if you refer  (Doc ID 1983782.1) ==> 4.7 Simplified configuration for managed server information

You need not you no longer need to edit the files manually.

Can you try (adProvisionEBS) again in the Test instance and see if the issue is reproducible.

Thanks!

• 7. Re: 2 out of 4 oacores are not getting any load
                      Mohammed Ali A. Syed

[applprod@prodapp1 ~]$ grep -i WebLogicCluster $FMW_HOME/webtier/instances/EBS_web_OHS1/config/OHS/EBS_web/mod_wl_ohs.conf|head -2

[applprod@prodapp2 ~]$ grep -i WebLogicCluster $FMW_HOME/webtier/instances/EBS_web_OHS2/config/OHS/EBS_web/mod_wl_ohs.conf|head -2

Why you have 7201 for all oacores, it should be for both the nodes.

WebLogicCluster prodapp1.xxxx.com:7201,prodapp2.xxxx.com:7203,prodapp1.xxxx.com:72037201

Thanks

• 8. Re: 2 out of 4 oacores are not getting any load
                        VishnuVinnakota

Ok! So this is your problem.

You have:

Node 1:

oacore_server1:7201

oacore_server3:7203

Node 2:

oacore_server2:7201

oacore_server4:7203

Your problem is that the oacores newly added i.e. oacore_server3:7203, oacore_server4:7203 are not in the oacore_cluster definition of apps.conf, mod_wl_ohs.conf. Which also means that you missed below steps in the process. Without this, the apache/webtier will not identify the OACOREs in the Cluster. This is how EBS works. Change hostname, domain name accordingly. You need to run this from RUN file system in both nodes.

$ perl $FND_TOP/patch/115/bin/txkSetAppsConf.pl -contextfile=$CONTEXT_FILE \

-configoption=addMS -oacore=node1.example.com:7203

$ perl $FND_TOP/patch/115/bin/txkSetAppsConf.pl -contextfile=$CONTEXT_FILE \

-configoption=addMS -oacore=node2.example.com:7203

Check Section: 4.4.1

Managing Configuration of Oracle HTTP Server and Web Application Services in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1905593.1)

Once you run above, you should see output like below:

WebLogicCluster prodapp1.xxxx.com:7201,prodapp2.xxxx.com:7201, prodapp1.xxxx.com:7203,prodapp2.xxxx.com:7203

Good Luck

Thanks,

Vishnu

https://vishnu.ae

• 9. Re: 2 out of 4 oacores are not getting any load
                          adiverma

Thank you dear. it worked. Now we are able to see the usage on all oacores.