2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2019 11:28 AM by Arnab P

ODI Mapping - Creates a DB Link to connect to the source tables

Arnab P

Hi,

I have created a few mappings in a project which takes data from a set of source tables and performs some simple transformations and loads the target tables. What I am a little confused about is the fact that when I generate the code in Simulation Mode and see the generated code it is showing that it is creating a DB link to access the source schema and then using this DB link to generate the Insert Query and finally dropping the DB link after it has run the insert query.

I am not sure why a DB link is getting created or which parameters in the mapping is incorrect that is making ODI to create a DB  link to access the source tables.

Can anyone please help me understand under what conditions or settings in the mapping/data model ODI needs to create a DB link to access the source tables and run the mapping?

Thanks

Arnab P

• 1. Re: ODI Mapping - Creates a DB Link to connect to the source tables
          Adrian_Popescu-Oracle

Hi,

ODI noticed that source and target tables are Oracle tables.

In the case of source/target Oracle tables, using DB Link provides the best performance.

It might be a bit complicated to configure, but for very big tables DB Link  indeed  is the best option.

So, by default there is selected in the mapping a LKM based on DB Link.

But definitely you may used any other LKM - check the Physical tab of the mapping.

You need first to import in your project the LKM/IKM you need to use.

Adrian

• 2. Re: ODI Mapping - Creates a DB Link to connect to the source tables
            Arnab P

Thanks Adrian. The issue was that the Source Table was pointing to a Logical Schema which was connected to a different data server than the Target table. Since the data servers were different so ODI thought that creating a DB link will allow it to access the source tables.

I changed the logical schema of the Source Table to point to the correct one and the issue got resolved. The mapping is not generating a DB Link now and loading based on the direct load by putting a schema name in front of the source table.

Thanks

Arnab