4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2019 3:39 PM by aspardhya

ebs database on cloud DBaaS

SirajGulam

Hi

We have 12.1.3 EBS with DB on 12.1.0.2 which is a non-CDB. We are in line to migrate our systems to OCI and have got DBaaS subscription. Is there a way I can still have my DB being non-CDB in DBaaS?

Thanks

Siraj

• 1. Re: ebs database on cloud DBaaS
          Kc1rt3P

Hi,

It can be done but i would advise against it. You can just create a CDB with a single PDB for EBS. Look into note 2517025.1

From that note:

The following important points apply to Oracle Database 12.1.0.2 and Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.3 (and later) or Release 12.1.3, running on a 1-Node VM DB System (Single Instance), 2-Node VM DB System (Oracle RAC), or an Exadata DB System:

• The database must be a multitenant container database (CDB). For Oracle E-Business Suite, you must convert to a CDB with a single pluggable Oracle E-Business Suite database (PDB). When the Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Tools are available for a given combination (as indicated by "Automated" in Table 1 entries above), they perform this conversion automatically. See 6.2.2 Lift and Shift Oracle E-Business Suite from On-Premises for information on the lift and shift process.

Kind regards,

Patrick

• 2. Re: ebs database on cloud DBaaS
            SirajGulam

Thanks Patrick, for the information. Also, I saw in few blogs that non-CDB will be deprecated for EBS. So that way Oracle's intent is clear that if customer still opts for non-CDB, they would violate whatever additional licesing features that they get with DBaaS.

• 3. Re: ebs database on cloud DBaaS
              SirajGulam

Within the same note (2517025.1), section 6.4.4, it appears like certifications are deprecated for single node BM. I am assuming this is for PSU as they are not available after Jan 2019.

• 4. Re: ebs database on cloud DBaaS
                aspardhya

I have not seen anywhere the Non-CDB database with 12.1.0.2 version for EBS @OCI.

And as per article. It's mandatory to have CDB.

The database must be a multitenant container database (CDB). For Oracle E-Business Suite, you must convert to a CDB with a single pluggable Oracle E-Business Suite database (PDB).