1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 20, 2019 7:31 AM by Srinath Menon-Oracle

Add Ingres JDBC Driver to Weblogic 12.2.1.2

I am doing some preliminary work for an upcoming project that will require a data source connection to be created from the Weblogic server (12.2.1.2 Developer Version) to an Ingres 11 database.

There is an option when creating the data source to connect to an Ingres database and I get a class not found exception when trying to create the data source.

However, I noticed that the driver name is incorrect and is set for an older version of Ingres and as far as I can tell there is no iijdbc.jar in the installation of the developer server.

This is what I have tried so far.

1. I changed the jdbcdrivers.xml to have the correct driver name for the Ingres drivers.

2. I have placed the iijdbc.jar in the C:\Oracle\Middleware\oracle_common\modules directory.

3. Using https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24329_01/web.1211/e24487/weblogicserver.htm#ADMRF205 as a reference I have prepended the jar path to the PRE_CLASSPATH variable.

4. restarted the server, tried to create the data source and I still get the class not found exception.

I have changed these two sections in the setDomainEnv.cmd (Running on Windows).

if NOT "%EXT_PRE_CLASSPATH%"=="" (

if NOT "%PRE_CLASSPATH%"=="" (

set PRE_CLASSPATH=C:\Oracle\Middleware\oracle_common\modules\iijdbc.jar;%EXT_PRE_CLASSPATH%;%PRE_CLASSPATH%

) else (

set PRE_CLASSPATH=C:\Oracle\Middleware\oracle_common\modules\iijdbc.jar;%EXT_PRE_CLASSPATH%

)

)

if NOT "%PRE_CLASSPATH%"=="" (

set CLASSPATH=C:\Oracle\Middleware\oracle_common\modules\iijdbc.jar;%PRE_CLASSPATH%;%CLASSPATH%

)

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.