4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2019 10:24 AM by 4098012

Oracle Apex Gantt

Hi All,

In an APEX Gantt Chart we have the major axis set to 'Days' and the minor axis set to 'Hours'.

Ideally I'd like the minor axis to show 15 minute intervals as opposed to Hours. I have tried setting minor axis to 'Minutes' but this literally shows all the minutes of the day which is not what I want.

There is a pattern property which I cannot find any documentation on?

We are using APEX version 18.2.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Billy

• 1. Re: Oracle Apex Gantt
          Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Hi Billy,

JET doesn't currently support customising the minor axis of the Gantt chart beyond the current options available. However, you're not the first to request the ability to have more options available there, and I did log an ER with the JET team last month, for consideration in a future version of JET.  The ER has been assigned, so hopefully we'll see some further options available for customising the minor axis in a future version of APEX.  For now, you are confined to the options we declaratively expose - which correspond directly with the JET options outlined in the ojGantt API for minor-axis.scale.

Regards,

Hilary

• 2. Re: Oracle Apex Gantt

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for the prompt response and info regarding the ER, this would be a great enhancement.

In the meantime I suppose I can simulate the four 15 minute slots under the minor hour axis using data that I fix as the 1st row of the gantt chart. The only issue I can see with this is that when the chart loads it would need to be zoomed in so the slot text is fully visible.

I cannot see any obvious APEX properties to manipulate the default zoom on load. Are you aware of how I can set the zoom through some customisation?

Thanks,

Billy

• 3. Re: Oracle Apex Gantt
              Hilary Farrell-Oracle

Hi Billy,

Take a look at the series-level Viewport options, which correspond with the JET ojGantt viewport-start and viewport-end attributes.  Based on the currently available attribute in the JET API, I believe the viewport options are the only ones that will allow you to in some way customise the zoom.  Basically, you'd be setting a starting and closing date/time for those options, and when rendered, the Gantt should start at that date/time range.  If you take a look at the JET Cookbook responsive example, it demonstrates what I'm referring to: https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/jet/jetCookbook.html?component=gantt&demo=controls .

Hopefully that helps you to proceed.

Regards,

Hilary

• 4. Re: Oracle Apex Gantt

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for your advise with this.

Also, are you able to provide an example of how the below pattern property can be used? I cannot find any documentation on this.

Oracle APEX Gantt - Pattern.PNG

Thanks,

Billy