remove the last two spaces from a string

Arsha

If the length of my string is 30. I got to remove the last 2 spaces from the string .

If the length of my string is 29.I got to remove the last space from the string.

Eg. COADC Cathy & Ralph Ward Jr 73                                                                                                                                            

should be COADC Cathy & Ralph WardJr73 

and not COADCCathy&RalphWardJr73

Tried trim() ,instr, substr and replace() spaces but did not work out. is there any other function?

• 1. Re: remove the last two spaces from a string
        CDuf

If when you say last 2 spaces you really mean spaces, you could try looking at:

TRIM(TRAILING '1' FROM 'Test1');  //returns 'Test' and replace 1 with ' '  or the RTRIM('123000', '0'); //returns '123' and replace the '0' with ' '

See SuiteAnswer ID: 21503

RTRIM: Removes all specified characters from the right side of a string

If 'set' parameter is omitted, the RTRIM function will remove all trailing spaces on the right from 'char'.

Syntax:

RTRIM(char [, set ])

Examples:

RTRIM('test  '); //returns 'test'

RTRIM('test  ', ' '); //returns 'test'

RTRIM('123000', '0'); //returns '123'

RTRIM('Test0387', '0123456789');  //returns 'Test'

Note: While using in Formula(Text) for searches, omit the semicolon(;) at the end of the statement.

Just a thought.

• 2. Re: remove the last two spaces from a string
          Arsha

this would remove only from the right end.

I require a solution that removes last 2 spaces from a string. space can be anywhere in the middle or between 2 words.